FPS too low, even in very low settings

Moderator: Moderatoren

8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Z4hr4
Bettler
Bettler

i've been playing enderal quite some time now, im in my level 53 now, this is my laptop system

Processor : Intel core i3-3217U CPU 1,80 GHz
Installed RAM : 4,00 GB (3,89 GB usable)
System type : 64-bit Operating System
Graphic card : NVIDIA GeForce 740M

I know my laptop have a poor system for enderal, but when I first played the game on medium settings (8x antialiasing and 8x ani I forgot the name) if I recalled correctly it's running on okay speed, laggy, but still okay (like every 1 minute you'll notice your movement stopped and laggy, and then back to normal), it's still playable, but I don't know what caused it, it's getting worse, to the point i had to wait my conjured sword to appear while im running from marauders, or i can't attack while my enemies butchered me with their super laggy movements, and the sound almost always late, like when you conjure the sword, the noise appear after you died. or you're running towards wall (about 3m from where you stood) and planned to turn to the right, suddenly the lag coming, what you see next is wall on your face.

I was frustated , so I start to change the settings, I start to reduce antialiasing and the otherone slightly, (4x and 8x) and it's working, it's return to okay speed ...but not for long, its back into 'can't have my sword while marauders butchered me', so I start to 'fu** visual, I need my game' so I choose very low settings, it's hard to see and as always, it's still laggy, and still more worse than 'my okay speed' and slightly better than 'can't have my sword appear speed',

I have weird experience on very low settings too, sometimes I move or run on normal speed but with lag, and then the lag is dissappear and movement is increasing and smoooooth suddenly.....just for about 3 seconds and back to laggy

is it normal for my system? is my system that bad? is it possible for me to fix it?
Neverthelm
Gauner
Gauner

have you tried with other game?

if you have problem with other game too

looks like you laptop got hardware problem, looks like your vga got heated and same with processor too

tried to clean your laptop inside out too, it's often for laptop to got easily heated up because either their fan stop rotating or it's too many dust cause it's heated up and make your laptop slower
Z4hr4
Bettler
Bettler

ah, sorry, I can't check my exact fps, but according this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLhPvS0hZSs, "my okay speed on the beginning of the game is like 15 fps, im okay with that, at least its still playable, and the worse (the : I can't have my sword while marauders butchered me)...i think is even under 5 or 10 fps
Z4hr4
Bettler
Bettler

06.12.2017 04:47Neverthelm hat geschrieben:
have you tried with other game?

if you have problem with other game too

looks like you laptop got hardware problem, looks like your vga got heated and same with processor too

tried to clean your laptop inside out too, it's often for laptop to got easily heated up because either their fan stop rotating or it's too many dust cause it's heated up and make your laptop slower
hmm makes sense actually since my table is covered with dust, but i did tried bioshock 1, its run smooth, almost like 60 fps, I but still I'll try to clean my laptop later since exams coming up, i'll post it again the results after the cleansing :v
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 426 Mal

If it is not an overheating problem? then:
Turn off shadows or reduce quality, reduce antialiasing and co, and reduce remote objects
and not least ENBoost, but that's more for hobbyists or professionals.

I would test in that order.
Z4hr4
Bettler
Bettler

06.12.2017 18:18Stefanie hat geschrieben:
If it is not an overheating problem? then:
Turn off shadows or reduce quality, reduce antialiasing and co, and reduce remote objects
and not least ENBoost, but that's more for hobbyists or professionals.

I would test in that order.
so I just done clean up my laptop, turns out not really helping, if you're wondering what it's looks like, it's exactly like this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOqNAgBHMzE, even in Very low settings (this one have all settings set to lowest one), but I just noticed it's all a LOT better when i play in third point of view, and the performance best when my camera far away from my character, and all super laggy when I return to First POV.....EXCEPT when I turn my camera up seeing the sky, feels like >30FPS

It's relief that i could change to third POV start helping me outside, and glad my character have sinistrope, so I can still manage, but still it's hard for me playing in 3rd POV, especially in the cave....is it still a way to fix it? thank you so much for the attention, ah and this game is wonderful, you guys did a amazing job! oh what is ANBoost? can it help?
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 525 Mal

09.12.2017 03:18Z4hr4 hat geschrieben:
oh what is ANBoost? can it help?

If you understand German here is a good short guide to ENBoost.
You can, for example, also use the Google translator (I know that's not perfect...).

It was created primarily to avoid CDT´s (Crash to Desktop) and optimizes the memory management of the Skyrim engine. Maybe it also will bring you a few more fps on your system.

You can try it :wink:
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

does it start like this, or do the lags get worse the more you play?
there could be some other program interfering.
[+] +
start Enderal (wait for the lags), close it, and open the taskmanager,
in the detailed view.
check in the second tab (performance).
either CPU, Disc, or Memory is probably under full capacity.
open the resource monitor (still task manager, lower left),
check the tabs for some really demanding process.

(hope that was somewhat comprehensible)
I had the same with 4GB RAM, only thing that helped, was increasing it :(
8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1