[Mod-Release] Enable Wait no Heal - English Version

Moderator: Moderatoren

12 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
jcdenton99
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 28 Mal

Now here is the English version of Enderal mod "Enable Wait no Heal" for upcoming English TC.

The mod has the following features:
  • The blocked wait is released in the prologue after from a certain game progress. (considered the storytelling of Enderal). You will be informed ingame with a message box.
    [+]
    In the prologue after the first conversation with Jesper around campfire.
  • (Configurable in MCM) Heals you NOT while waiting, and NOT if you have the buffs of regeneration on the armor.
  • Furthermore, the waiting and sleeping (Vanilla-Mod) at some point in the end-game will be locked again.
and

optional/additional Mod/Modul - A new SleepWait-UI:
Bild

The mod has these features:
  • with 24-hour format, no am/pm madness more. (My goodness, how many times I made a mistake: I want to wait until evening and land on the morning :dumb: )
  • Target time display (for example, "until 2:00 o'clock in the morning") is moved during the time slider
  • up to 96 hours (default 24) can be been waiting for.
  • Your Key for "Waiting" can now use for closing the Menu (Toggle). Furthermore, other key assignments [activate / wait / Cancel] can be entered in an ini file.
Here the link http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/77670/? to Nexus, where
you can download the mod.
Please do not be frightened at this "wall of text and pictures" in the mod description. :lol:

About Feedback from you, I would be very happy :) ,also bug reports (not really: P) are desired.

Best Regards
JC
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

Looks great, I don't know why SureAI didn't put this ability in their mod. I'm playing the German version right now; can I install this English mod to use with the German version?
Xagul
Schattengott
Schattengott
Danksagung erhalten: 67 Mal

badgesareus hat geschrieben:
Looks great, I don't know why SureAI didn't put this ability in their mod. I'm playing the German version right now; can I install this English mod to use with the German version?
As you play the German version I suggest you use the German version of this mod. This way you ensure there won't be any conflicts.

Concerning the implementation: Well, I think it's about immersion. Waiting function always adds opportunities for exploits (e.g. bank interest exploit, healing exploit). I personally think it's good not to have it.
MarvinKp
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Stadtwache
Stadtwache
Danksagung erhalten: 22 Mal

I might be wrong but i think they removed the waiting function to give food a purpose in the game. You need to eat or sleep in Enderal to regenerate health out of combat. And if you are able to wait and restore your health at any place, food would be worthless again.
Xagul
Schattengott
Schattengott

MarvinKp hat geschrieben:
I might be wrong but i think they removed the waiting function to give food a purpose in the game. You need to eat or sleep in Enderal to regenerate health out of combat. And if you are able to wait and restore your health at any place, food would be worthless again.
Oh, sure, that should be the reason for removing that. However, after playing for a while, I'd say immersion improved due to that and using exploits became slightly harder.
jcdenton99
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 28 Mal

Xagul hat geschrieben:
badgesareus hat geschrieben:
As you play the German version I suggest you use the German version of this mod. This way you ensure there won't be any conflicts.

Concerning the implementation: Well, I think it's about immersion. Waiting function always adds opportunities for exploits (e.g. bank interest exploit, healing exploit). I personally think it's good not to have it.
Hi, @badgesareus and @Xagul,
I had run the english version of the mod in the German game without problems (for testing), but I would also say you take the German Version. Better safe than sorry.
But only the stand alone mod "New sleepwait UI" you can use in the german game without problems.
Because it has no scripts and there is no effect on saved games and cannot corrupt any saves.

But my waiting function stops healing while waiting (It's default). I know you can turn this on in MCM, but everyone must decide for themselves.
Only for the bank interest exploit:
I will try to prevent this in my mod for the next update.

Best Regards
JC
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

I think the ability to wait is important for two reasons. First, there are some quests such as the "Kill Gnarldaf" quest where it is difficult to arrive at the proper time and being able to wait (without healing, no problem) would help. Secondly, it is very frustrating when you expect a merchant to be open in the morning around 8AM, but it is not open and you have to go somewhere sleep an hour, go back & still not open, go sleep again, go back and still not open, etc., very frustrating. This is especially true with all the slow loading screens in Ark that must be traversed twice (or more) each time. Waiting would alleviate this. I would think the bank interest exploit would not be a big factor as the interest rate isn't that high, and in fact, someone could just go to a bed and sleep repeatedly to build up interest the same way, if they wanted to waste so much time to do so.
Zomx
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

It's really frustrating to search for an inn for 30 minutes when all you wan't to do is sell some stuff at the market. I understand why you can't wait, but don't see it as a good design choice. It's basically realism over enjoyment, which is never a good thing. It also hinders the game for me since I prefer exploring during day time.
Xagul
Schattengott
Schattengott

For the mimimi-fraction, there is a mod that "fixes" it. I got the link for the German version, but there is also an English one which you should be able to find with this link:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/77556/?

Update: Link for the EV: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/77670/?
Tamira
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 52 Mal

Xagul hat geschrieben:
For the mimimi-fraction, there is a mod that "fixes" it. I got the link for the German version, but there is also an English one which you should be able to find with this link:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/77556/?

Update: Link for the EV: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/77670/?
Eh ... what?
THIS is the release thread for the mod you mention :lol:
12 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2