Insects Begone for Enderal?

Moderator: Moderatoren

6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Game_Mage
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I've recently come across this game (let's be honest, calling it a mod is like calling "Blood and Wine" just "DLC") and I was very excited to play it, before I learned that there are spiders in this game, just like in Vanilla Skyrim. Laugh if you must, but I am arachnophobe and also a massive fan of fantasy, which never seems to work in my favor. Be it Lord of the Rings, Skyrim, the Witcher, every damn fantasy world seems to have gigantic and horrifying spiders! I've always solved this with mods which is what brings me to the tl:dr - Is there a way to mod out spiders in Enderal? In Skyrim, the mod Insects Begone just replaced Spiders with Bears, a simple little fix that was good enough for me. But I'm not sure how to make it compatible with Enderal...

If there is a simple fix, please let me know.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

Probably best to post the question in the Enderal Modifications category. This question was raised some time ago

https://forum.sureai.net/viewtopic.php? ... ers#p82070

If you click on the link in that discussion, you will come to a page where at the bottom click on compatible mods(green tab) for an alphabetical list, which includes the Skyrim insects begone mod. This is an old list I think, so I don't know if the mod is still compatible after recent updates to Enderal. Maybe someone in the Modifications section can answer more specifically.

Note: In addition to animal spiders, the game also has metal mechanical spiders of dwarven manufacture, but I don't know if the insects begone mod would also replace those, or if a mechanical spider would bother you. It is just a small robot with several legs, the term "spider" is only used as a convenience.

If you do play Enderal, be cautious with the side-quest Brotherhood of Kor. It will take you to an island and an optional part of the quest is to gather notes, but one of the huts around the circumference has a large queen spider, so best just to skip the optional part and go right to the center of the island.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

21.04.2018 15:46Game_Mage hat geschrieben:
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I've recently come across this game (let's be honest, calling it a mod is like calling "Blood and Wine" just "DLC") and I was very excited to play it, before I learned that there are spiders in this game, just like in Vanilla Skyrim. Laugh if you must, but I am arachnophobe and also a massive fan of fantasy, which never seems to work in my favor. Be it Lord of the Rings, Skyrim, the Witcher, every damn fantasy world seems to have gigantic and horrifying spiders! I've always solved this with mods which is what brings me to the tl:dr - Is there a way to mod out spiders in Enderal? In Skyrim, the mod Insects Begone just replaced Spiders with Bears, a simple little fix that was good enough for me. But I'm not sure how to make it compatible with Enderal...

If there is a simple fix, please let me know.
moved you to modifications :)
(just wanted to quote you because I' m not sure if you find the thread again :cry: )
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 525 Mal

21.04.2018 17:39badgesareus hat geschrieben:
If you do play Enderal, be cautious with the side-quest Brotherhood of Kor. It will take you to an island and an optional part of the quest is to gather notes, but one of the huts around the circumference has a large queen spider, so best just to skip the optional part and go right to the center of the island.
[+] Spider Brotherhood of Kor
But this spider is relatively easy to defeat (is already somewhere in the forum ...): In close combat you have no chance. You just have to jump quickly behind the bed in the room and then ranged (magic or bow). The spider can not reach you there.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

If he has arachnophobia I don't think it matters how easy it is to defeat.
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 525 Mal

@badgesareus
My answer only referred to the quoted part of your statement. But I probably misunderstood that :wink:
6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1