please update mods for the paper map!

Moderator: Moderatoren

19 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2
Buccaneer
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 41 Mal

Freestonew, well said sir, you have the heart of poet! And here I thought I was the old guy here (at 57). :lol:

I think the definitive word in your post is "add", which I agree as a tinkerer should do. In my opinion, adding a Paper map (esp. one that I praised as a cartographer) is wonderful - but should it have come at the expense of "subtractions"?
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 138 Mal

21.11.2017 03:09Buccaneer hat geschrieben:
Freestonew, well said sir, you have the heart of poet! And here I thought I was the old guy here (at 57). :lol:

I think the definitive word in your post is "add", which I agree as a tinkerer should do. In my opinion, adding a Paper map (esp. one that I praised as a cartographer) is wonderful - but should it have come at the expense of "subtractions"?
Just my 2 cents here:
#1: the old map did not only look bad, there were people complainig about it. Do a thorough search on reddit and here and you will find quite a number of posts concerning that topic.
#2: The old map actually did cause some bugs, e.g. the crash if you opened the map in Old Hatolis - which is fixed by the new map.
#3: we asked here, on Facebook and on reddit if we should release the map now, or with FS. Anybody who knows how to mod or how to use a plethora of mods should know what it entails when you change such a feature right now, but there was not even ONE post going in that direction; most of the people were on board of that change. Complaining now, after its release, is imho a bit petty and not really fair.

We did not include the new map to bully anybody, even if some people here seem to think just that.
Tamira
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 52 Mal

Enderal Log Cabin has been updated and should work again. :)
19.11.2017 01:35Buccaneer hat geschrieben:
18.11.2017 23:48Freestonew hat geschrieben:

--tam log cabin, the nice cabin in riverville.
Oh no. Are you saying the Tam Log Cabin will not work with the updated version of Enderal?? I seriously don't think I would enjoy playing Enderal as much without that cabin.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

How about recalling a few comments by stuemper:
https://forum.sureai.net/viewtopic.php? ... map#p80921
https://forum.sureai.net/viewtopic.php? ... map#p70872
That sounds to me like "the end, case closed," not "we're working on it, maybe next year."
Do a thorough search on reddit and here and you will find quite a number of posts concerning that topic.
Why should I search reddit, or any other forum? This is THE SureAI forum. There may be 100 other forums that discuss Enderal, but they are not THE forum. Have you heard the phrase "the silent majority"? Generally, some people like to complain whereas the the silent majority who satisfied with how things are remain silent. So, you have 10 or 20 people on reddit who want a paper map, and thousands or tens of thousands who were satisfied with how things were.

So, now I know. If I can get a couple dozen people to go on reddit and say they think Enderal should have laser rifles and hand grenades, SureAI will get right on it and make the change. Hey, I've read MANY complaints about the frequent loading screens in Ark, why hasn't SureAI jumped on that to eliminate them? Oh my mistake, I read those complaints on the SureAI forum, not on reddit. Sorry!
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

22.11.2017 19:13badgesareus hat geschrieben:
Why should I search reddit, or any other forum? This is THE SureAI forum. There may be 100 other forums that discuss Enderal, but they are not THE forum. Have you heard the phrase "the silent majority"? Generally, some people like to complain whereas the the silent majority who satisfied with how things are remain silent. So, you have 10 or 20 people on reddit who want a paper map, and thousands or tens of thousands who were satisfied with how things were.

So, now I know. If I can get a couple dozen people to go on reddit and say they think Enderal should have laser rifles and hand grenades, SureAI will get right on it and make the change. Hey, I've read MANY complaints about the frequent loading screens in Ark, why hasn't SureAI jumped on that to eliminate them? Oh my mistake, I read those complaints on the SureAI forum, not on reddit. Sorry!
the silent majority will only post to complain.
how many people do you know that "want to speak to you manager, because you did a damn good job"?
reddit was an example here.

look over facebook, look at the news regarding the ingame map.

oh, look.
14.09.2017 19:57badgesareus hat geschrieben:
Looks great. Any chance to add a paper map of the Undercity? That's where I really get lost.
you're not complaining either.

sorry, but this whole thing really pisses me off.
I'm not saying one can't prefer the 3D map and be miffed about the change,
but that goddamn entitlement to say "they shouldn't included x feature, because some stuff may not work",
is really something else.

when Skyrim came out A LOT of people complained about that odd 3D modell we're apparently always carrying around.
a flat map was deemed impossible, because of the marker issues (probably said that already)
Enderal was supposed to have a map like that on release (as stated multiple times as well).
so your comparison with "laser rifles and hand grenades" is complete nonsense. (but you probably know that)

and the frequent loading screens were "fixed" by introducing the fasttravel - signposts.
would you rather have about 10fps in the city?

/rant
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

Artist: urst
Well, that explains your rant.
14.09.2017 12:57badgesareus wrote:
Looks great. Any chance to add a paper map of the Undercity? That's where I really get lost.
I said it "looks" great. I didn't say that I was happy to see the 3D map replaced, and I didn't make any comment about its utility since I hadn't played with it. I also expressed an interest in a paper map of the Undercity as there was no map of that, either 3D or otherwise.
Ah, first reddit, now facebook. Anywhere else? (except, of course, the developers' own forum of SureAI). By the way, your link "news" goes to the SureAI announcement by Stuemper, not to facebook.
and the frequent loading screens were "fixed" by introducing the fasttravel - signposts.
Of course, clicking on a signpost goes to -- a loading screen (except in the Undercity, where there are still the old traditional loading screens, none of that fancy signpost stuff). 10fps in the city -- ah, like some people experienced in Erothin, making SureAI rather sensitive to that. Doesn't bother me, I'm a slow walker, gives me time to smell the bread.
this whole thing really pisses me off.
Cool, I need to check my profile, I think there is an "achievement" for that. :P
Buccaneer
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 41 Mal

Tamira: Thank you very much!!! :thumbsup:

On being in the silent majority who comes here to complain. Seriously? I am late to this forum, not signing up until June (well after I put in 150 hours), so I have missed most of the discussions when this forum was much more active. I have praised this game to the high heavens, here and elsewhere, the only game I have given a 10/10 (not a perfect game but with consideration that it came from a small development team). But to take out a feature that worked great (just like the modded 3D maps do in Skyrim) without an option to use the old or the new, one should expect criticisms - it goes with the territory. It would make sense to do this with the DLC (where I would not expect to use an old save) but as a minor release? I did compliment the paper map when it was presented earlier but somehow I had missed that it was a replacement map. Even though I would prefer a 3D map, like I do in Skyrim, I can live with it now that Tamira made the cabin work.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

22.11.2017 23:50badgesareus hat geschrieben:
Artist: urst
Well, that explains your rant.
yes, I expected that.
but rest assured, even if I actively hated the new feature, I'd have no more polite words for the (by some people) shown entitlement.
I said it "looks" great. I didn't say that I was happy to see the 3D map replaced, and I didn't make any comment about its utility since I hadn't played with it. I also expressed an interest in a paper map of the Undercity as there was no map of that, either 3D or otherwise.
and now there are people complaining about some MODS not working.
Ah, first reddit, now facebook. Anywhere else? (except, of course, the developers' own forum of SureAI). By the way, your link "news" goes to the SureAI announcement by Stuemper, not to facebook.
"look at the news regarding the ingame map"
"the news goes to the SureAI announcement by Stuemper, not to facebook"

indeed.
maybe I should have specified Forum news.
what Caleb before me and I meant was "look at the community ANYWHERE except maybe the threads labeled 'I hate the map'"

and not only in these news.
people asked about "ingame map pls?" when that thing was revealed as interactive map.
(bit more in the german forum)
Of course, clicking on a signpost goes to -- a loading screen (except in the Undercity, where there are still the old traditional loading screens, none of that fancy signpost stuff). 10fps in the city -- ah, like some people experienced in Erothin, making SureAI rather sensitive to that. Doesn't bother me, I'm a slow walker, gives me time to smell the bread.
"doesn't bother me"
well, I'd rather have a loading screen than 10fps.
seems like a tie :P
this whole thing really pisses me off.
Cool, I need to check my profile, I think there is an "achievement" for that. :P
probably :lol:

23.11.2017 01:42Buccaneer hat geschrieben:
On being in the silent majority who comes here to complain. Seriously? I am late to this forum, not signing up until June (well after I put
in 150 hours), so I have missed most of the discussions when this forum was much more active. I have praised this game to the high
heavens, here and elsewhere, the only game I have given a 10/10 (not a perfect game but with consideration that it came from a small
development team). But to take out a feature that worked great (just like the modded 3D maps do in Skyrim) without an option to use
the old or the new, one should expect criticisms - it goes with the territory. It would make sense to do this with the DLC (where I would
not expect to use an old save) but as a minor release? I did compliment the paper map when it was presented earlier but somehow I had
missed that it was a replacement map. Even though I would prefer a 3D map, like I do in Skyrim, I can live with it now that Tamira made
the cabin work.
that wasn't directed at you.
take a look at the forum, a whole lot of the people asking "how can I roll back" (and similar)
signed up just for that.

and making it optional was apparently not possible.
Spasticon1
Bettler
Bettler

I myself have nothing against the paper world map. It's nice. My only request is for a paper map of the Undercity. I also get lost in their.
19 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2