Moderator: Moderatoren

52 Beiträge Seite 5 von 6
DanielCoffey
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 42 Mal

Translation query...

2. Unabridged

This is used in English to mean "This is the full and complete story with nothing cut or edited out."

The suggestion from Google is Ungekürzt. Does that seem correct?

Example cover (see lower centre)...
Bild
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 525 Mal

04.03.2018 21:01DanielCoffey hat geschrieben:

2. Unabridged

This is used in English to mean "This is the full and complete story with nothing cut or edited out."

The suggestion from Google is Ungekürzt. Does that seem correct?
Yes "Ungekürzt" is correct :thumbsup:
DanielCoffey
Paladin
Paladin

I need to know if I can hyphenate or alter the title of "Der Pfad, Buch 12: Die Sternsommernacht", specifically the last word "Sternsommernacht".

Given the existing cover design there is no clean way I can fit that word across the cover even at a smaller font size and there are 11 other volumes in the set that would not match if I altered this one too much.
Bild
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

Maybe you can separate the word? In "Sternsommer Nacht" and write to each other.
That is possible.
DanielCoffey
Paladin
Paladin

I had a quick look at Google (not being a German speaker at all) and there are about equal results suggesting "Stern Sommernacht" and "Sternsommer Nacht".

Which would the German speakers here be happiest with (or least offended by)?
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

lol, I think I'd sperarate everything :dumb:
Die
Stern
Sommer
Nacht
:?:
DanielCoffey
Paladin
Paladin

As Wesley said in The Princess Bride... "As you wish..."

Bild
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

your covers look absolutely amazing :thumbsup:
(maybe stuemper chimes in as well :D )

and yeah, I think that fits :)
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

I think that's a good compromise :D :wink:
DanielCoffey
Paladin
Paladin

And for our German friends, here is a copy of the Banner picture I created back in page one of this thread... but with the German textures for The Path...
Bild

All I have left to do is to package up the textures, meshes and ESP for the two languages along with their Photoshop files. I will need to include the Font archive but it will be the same as the one on Book Covers Skyrim.

Of course the Enderal Team will need to review both the textures themselves as well as my German translation. Then they can look at the ESP. I have based the changes off version 1.2.5.0.

To whoever merges the Book Covers Enderal ESP into Enderal, be aware that when you copy the STATIC records back into Skyrim.esm, you will need to re-reference them in each BOOK record as they are used to hold the Inventory mesh and I don't think you can do that in TES5EDIT easily. There will be a World mesh change on almost every record (apart from TornNote and OpenBook objects), an Inventory mesh change and a small number of OBND Object Bound corrections. One or two books in the English ESP have some small text changes where I spotted the odd spelling mistake but only one or two. I have not made an extensive English spelling and punctuation pass yet. There are some other small corrections here and there but TES5EDIT will show them. There was one correction to text in the German ESP where a volume number was wrong (there were two "Band 1" when there should have been a 1 and a 2).

Once I have the files packaged and uploaded privately, I will give the link to Stuemper for collection and review.
52 Beiträge Seite 5 von 6