52 Beiträge Seite 4 von 6
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

19.02.2018 16:40DanielCoffey hat geschrieben:
If the Enderal team accepted a change request to allow bookshelves in the future, these ledger-style books would have to be scripted to place an "ordinary" version of the book in the inventory that could subsequently be stored on a shelf properly. There are probably a good dozen books that behave in this way.
Mhmm, I could set it on my "Nice-to-have"-list, but this list is already pretty long. Maybe one day, I will look into it, but not for the Release of Forgotten Stories, sorry. I have to focus on bugfixing and implementing of core features.

The Old map looks great, too.
Thanks for all your hard work :)
DanielCoffey
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 42 Mal

I have thought of another question... does Enderal support or exclude "triple monitor" play?

The reason I ask is that in vanilla Skyrim, a small number of people play the game using a triple monitor setup, though there are a few issues. When those people use the new meshes in Book Covers Skyrim, the model and texture of the book appears as expected on the middle monitor but the pages are totally blank. After extensive investigation, there was nothing I could do about this. It was almost as though the model appeared in the middle but the page was being drawn somewhere else outside the display window. I believe it may be something to do with the Havok animation of the book opening and this is a compiled module we have no control over.

It didn't matter in vanilla Skyrim because people with three monitors could choose to play without Book Covers Skyrim but if the new book covers are incorporated inside Enderal (rather than being a separate mod) then any triple-monitor users would be locked out.

It does not affect single monitor users in any way.
DanielCoffey
Paladin
Paladin

A quick update... I have finished the work on the English books to my satisfaction.

I then thought that since I have a good tool for making the Normal Maps (Quixel Suite - NDO), I would have a look at doing the German translations on the textures so that their Normal maps match the English ones.

Is there an easy way to get hold of just the German Enderal ESP without having to re-download all the other files as I am on a slow rural internet connection?
Jaknet
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

01.03.2018 15:03DanielCoffey hat geschrieben:
A quick update... I have finished the work on the English books to my satisfaction.
That is amazing news...many, many thanks for your time with these. :thumbsup:
DanielCoffey
Paladin
Paladin

I would like to have a go at the German textures for the books but don't have an easy way to get the German language version of Enderal installed as I am on very slow internet now.

Would someone with the German version of Enderal 1.2.4.1 be able to go into Skyrim.esm in TES5EDIT and export the entire BOOK section ("Copy as Override into...") to a new ESP for me? That way I can get the German titles and an idea of the syntax for author's names.

If the Devs are not happy about this, just say so and I can hand over the English textures, meshes and PSD files as they are now.
DanielCoffey
Paladin
Paladin

German ESP received - many thanks. I will get to work on that over the next week or so and will ask if I need translation help on the titles.

In the mean time, here are a few treats...
Bild
Bild
Bild
DanielCoffey
Paladin
Paladin

Translation queries (English to German)...

1. Anon.

As in a book of poetry where the authors are not known. Would it be Anonym or Unbekannt. If it is Unbekannt, is there an abbreviation?
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter

Ok, very cool, to see your progress. :)
It's "Unbekannt"/"Unbekannter Verfasser"/"Unbekannter Autor", the abbreviation would be something like "unb." or "unbek."
Where do you want to use the abbreviation?
DanielCoffey
Paladin
Paladin

Thanks for the help. It is on the spine of "Book of Poetry" or "Gedichtband". The English version looks like this...

Bild
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter

Oh cool, in this case I would go with either "Unbek." or leave it blank. :)
52 Beiträge Seite 4 von 6