Moderator: Moderatoren

52 Beiträge Seite 3 von 6
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

1. Enderal was released in German and later in English by us.

2. You can find all localizations for Enderal in our wiki.

3. We and the translators would need the original photoshop files of the book covers to be able to translate it into other languages.
DanielCoffey
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 42 Mal

Of course I am happy to provide the PSD files when they are all done. There are no Commercial resources in them so usage is not a problem.

I have a tool called NDO by Quixel for making the normal/specular maps so can certainly generate those at the appropriate time.

What I can do for the fan localizations is post the PSD files on the Nexus as a Modders Resource. The relevant teams can then pick up the texture work themselves.
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

Ok, cool. But there is no need to upload the ressource to the Nexus, we would contect the translators directly :)
DanielCoffey
Paladin
Paladin

Many thanks to VexiiShoal for permission to use their Vatyr drawing they did for Inktober 2017. I used it for the cover of "Night".

You can see the "bad" ending of the book here... the "good" ending has a subtly different cover.
Bild
VexiiShoal
Bettler
Bettler

Oh wow that looks so cool! :thumbsup:
Jaknet
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

@ DanielCoffey Many many thanks for your time and work with this. I'm holding off a replay until the dlc comes out (and a bit too busy) and having these covers will be the topping on the cake...Thank you again :)
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

I agree, these are beautiful. :)
Buccaneer
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 41 Mal

I agree. I'm looking forward to the replay with the DLC and this time, I'll actually pay attention to the books. :)
DanielCoffey
Paladin
Paladin

Something I did notice in my own playthrough is that there are no bookshelves in Enderal that act the same way as the Skyrim ones. I know we can store books in the cabinets called book cases but they act as chests, not shelves.

It is not a simple thing to fix however as Enderal makes fairly broad use of books out on display as "open books" that you can read and sometimes pick up. These ones all look like the same open business ledger when you first find them but look like proper readable books with my new covers in your inventory. As soon as you put one of these on a Skyrim-style bookshelf or drop them on a table, they revert to the business ledger model.

If the Enderal team accepted a change request to allow bookshelves in the future, these ledger-style books would have to be scripted to place an "ordinary" version of the book in the inventory that could subsequently be stored on a shelf properly. There are probably a good dozen books that behave in this way.

In the mean time I am still working my way through the books. I am well over half way though so not too much further to go.
DanielCoffey
Paladin
Paladin

I had a little play with the Daedric Illustration that was used on the Old Map as part of the main quest. Rather than just dropping it straight onto a plain note at 290px and just stretching it up, I wondered what it would look like with some exotic blend modes in Photoshop at full size. Add a little tarnished metallic leafwork and you end up with this...
[+] Old Map
Bild
52 Beiträge Seite 3 von 6