Update.esm missing in 1.1.9.0

Moderator: Moderatoren

2 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Addrinyc
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Hi guys,

yesterday I updated to version 1.1.9.0 (actually had to do a complete reinstall :lol: ) and I noticed that the Update.esm get's moved to the skyrim backup and doesn't remain within Enderal.

I'm using FNIS [1], which seemingly requires Update.esm to be in place. Copying the file back into my Data directory leads to a crash of Enderal/Skyrim on startup.

Am I correct in my assumption that this was introduced with 1.1.9.0? Previously to the update/reinstall it all worked fine. Does anybody else face this problem? Is there a workaround? I'd be happy to do a little digging in the creation kit, if somebody could point me in the right direction. :)

Enderal is way more immersive to me than skyrim (huge props to SureAI on that!), therefore it would be nice and beneficial to the immersion if one was able to replace the clunky skyrim animations with better ones :)

[EDIT]: The NexusModManager also refuses to start due to the missing Update.esm :wink:

[EDIT 2]: I just saw here [2] that FNIS is already included in Enderal? Now I'm confused :?: This needs further testing.
For the record: I've been using FNIS in conjunction with FNIS PCEA2 (which also complains about a missing Update.esm), but I could do without the latter. I'll try it out...
__
[1]: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11811/?
[2]: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
Addrinyc
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Alright, to answer myself: Some things kind of work :P

You actually can just throw a few animation files into "data\meshes\actors\character\animation\female" (male version goes directly into animations presumably) and it' work without the "Generate_FNIS_for_users" thingy. Speciffically running and walking animations seem to work just fine. Of course all females in game now use these animation, but eh - I can live with that 8)

Replacing the animation walking/running with weapon/bow drawn doesn't work this way. Ah well, it's something^^
2 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1