More Affinities

Moderator: Moderatoren

17 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
Weich92
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 6 Mal

I create a mod for add more affinities :D

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/81669/?
Deleted User 23162

Blasphemy. Stupidest idea I have ever seen. I am appalled... :thumbsdown:

Darctalus approves. :arrow: *adds mod anyway*
Ananda
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Thanks! Looks nice :thumbsup:

I was trying to mod the affinities as well, but I didn't figure out how/where to change the displayed name of the special class in the hero menu.

I've edited "Message \ 00E_Game_Affinity_" using TES5Edit and can see all the correct names in the spellbook. But as soon as I'm unlocking the affinity, it still shows the old/regular name in the hero menu after pressing "H".

Btw: FULL Name in the category "Spells" / "_00E_Affinity_" is edited as well.

Could you tell me please where to find the correct entries and how to change the name of the special class displayed in the hero menu?

Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)
Kazeen
Gauner
Gauner
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

This is really cool. I always wanted to play a two-handed warrior with some undead related skills, like raising some corpses as allies and that sort of stuff, having the WoW death knight in mind. I wasn't sure if that affinity already existed in the vanilla game. Obviously not. : )

Most of your affinities sound rather immersive and interesting. I guess one problem could be balancing, though.
Weich92
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Ananda hat geschrieben:

I was trying to mod the affinities as well, but I didn't figure out how/where to change the displayed name of the special class in the hero menu.

I've edited "Message \ 00E_Game_Affinity_" using TES5Edit and can see all the correct names in the spellbook. But as soon as I'm unlocking the affinity, it still shows the old/regular name in the hero menu after pressing "H".

Could you tell me please where to find the correct entries and how to change the name of the special class displayed in the hero menu?

Hi,
you cant change name because that message load on script at start and then stay saved in save game. Really that script is bad optimice, but are so much script that they made, is normal. But no problem, you can go, in ck, to quest levelsystem, quest aliase, aliase name = player, and you need change _00E_Game_SkillmenuSC script properties, concretly __Config_AffinityNames.

I hope had help you.
Weich92
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Kazeen hat geschrieben:
This is really cool. I always wanted to play a two-handed warrior with some undead related skills, like raising some corpses as allies and that sort of stuff, having the WoW death knight in mind. I wasn't sure if that affinity already existed in the vanilla game. Obviously not. : )

Most of your affinities sound rather immersive and interesting. I guess one problem could be balancing, though.
Hi,
I try to balance all new affinities like vanilla, but if somebody thinks that some affinity is overpower or vice versa, can tell me and i can improve the mod.
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 138 Mal

Weich92 hat geschrieben:
Ananda hat geschrieben:

Hi,
you cant change name because that message load on script at start and then stay saved in save game. Really that script is bad optimice, but are so much script that they made, is normal. But no problem, you can go, in ck, to quest levelsystem, quest aliase, aliase name = player, and you need change _00E_Game_SkillmenuSC script properties, concretly __Config_AffinityNames.

I hope had help you.
The reason is the Hero menu ;-) It only accepts strings in that particular part of the menu (the affinity name), hence we had to do with this work-around, or everybody would have to live with the german names of the affinities...
The main problem is that we don't have an interface programmer anymore, hence we have to live with this idiotic way of doing things :?
Weich92
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Caleb8980 hat geschrieben:
Weich92 hat geschrieben:
Ananda hat geschrieben:

Hi,

I hope had help you.
The reason is the Hero menu ;-) It only accepts strings in that particular part of the menu (the affinity name), hence we had to do with this work-around, or everybody would have to live with the german names of the affinities...
The main problem is that we don't have an interface programmer anymore, hence we have to live with this idiotic way of doing things :?
Jajajaja, its ok, we have to work with the tools that we have XD.
I dont tested it, but maybe if change string array to a formlist in the script properties, would is posible add and modify names of affinities without touch the script.
Ananda
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Weich92 hat geschrieben:
Hi,

I hope had help you.
Thank you, that was very helpful :)
Ananda
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Caleb8980 hat geschrieben:
Weich92 hat geschrieben:
Hi,

I hope had help you.
Many thanks for your feedback :) And as Weich92 said it's ok and we'll come to terms with it.

Thank you and the the team for this masterpiece. You are awesome! :thumbsup:
17 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2