Mirella Godshand temporary bugfix

Moderator: Moderatoren

12 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
Tamira
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 52 Mal

The alchemist and potion seller in the Nobles Quarter - Mirella's Miraculous Mixtures - is bugged in the English version: Mirella Godshand has only 3 potions to sell and only 25 gold.
Until this is fixed in one of the next patches you can try and use my little bugfix for this. Unzip and simply copy it to your Data folder.
Mirella Godshand Bugfix.zip
(816 Bytes) 142-mal heruntergeladen
Once it will be added in an official patch, don't forget to remove it again.
kkoliver
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

How does this esp file work? I'm using version 1.1.7.3 and according to TES5Edit, this esp does not change anything from the Skyrim esm file. However, adding this plugin 100% fixes the problem. The reason I want to know is because I was going to attempt to fix the librarian merchant which I suspect has a similar problem. Thank you very much for your time and effort!
Tamira
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

I mentioned it in my old bug report:
http://sureai.net:9898/browse/ERB-845
kkoliver hat geschrieben:
How does this esp file work? I'm using version 1.1.7.3 and according to TES5Edit, this esp does not change anything from the Skyrim esm file. However, adding this plugin 100% fixes the problem. The reason I want to know is because I was going to attempt to fix the librarian merchant which I suspect has a similar problem. Thank you very much for your time and effort!
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 138 Mal

kkoliver hat geschrieben:
It does not change anything because Mirella is part of the Merchant Faction since quite some time ^^ The bug should be gone even without the mod, by now :-)

As for the librarian, I will look into him, maybe not for the next patch (have exams currently) but for the one after.
kkoliver
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

All you did was add Mirella to the merchant faction Tamira? I'll try that for the librarian and see if it works. Thanks for the reply!

For some reason, the official patch that fixed Mirella did not work for me. I'm currently using 1.1.7.3 but if I remove the bug fix esp file from my Data folder, Mirella's inventory goes back to being broken. I'm not using any mods other than Gopher's iHud and dynavision so I don't think the problem could be caused by mods. Is there any way the issue could be embedded in my save file?

Anyway, I'm loving every second of Enderal. The story is excellent and the world is a joy to explore! And I really appreciate you looking into the librarian issue Caleb! :) good luck on your finals!
MyLongestJourney
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

Tamira hat geschrieben:
The alchemist and potion seller in the Nobles Quarter - Mirella's Miraculous Mixtures - is bugged in the English version: Mirella Godshand has only 3 potions to sell and only 25 gold.
Until this is fixed in one of the next patches you can try and use my little bugfix for this. Unzip and simply copy it to your Data folder.
Mirella Godshand Bugfix.zip
Once it will be added in an official patch, don't forget to remove it again.
Thank you for the fix.The update did not correct the bug but your fix works well.
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

MyLongestJourney hat geschrieben:
Thank you for the fix.The update did not correct the bug but your fix works well.
I have tested Tamira's Fix and apparently it fixes the problem. The odd thing is that it changes absolutely nothing on the game files. Tamira, have you changed anything that is not displayed in Tes5edit? The data size of the NPC changed...(might be a problem with the version control info..)
Dateianhänge
mirella1.png
Tamira
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

I really cannot tell you. This was five months ago and I don't have Enderal installed anymore, I am waiting for the DLC.
All I remember is that I tried several things until the described one worked for me, and I did not use TES Edit, only the CK.
Tilliboy hat geschrieben:
I have tested Tamira's Fix and apparently it fixes the problem. The odd thing is that it changes absolutely nothing on the game files. Tamira, have you changed anything that is not displayed in Tes5edit? The data size of the NPC changed...(might be a problem with the version control info..)
kkoliver
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

After a ton of testing and creating .esp files I figured out why this bug fix works and why the official patch does not. The order the factions are listed within the .esp file decides which faction wins conflicts between the faction records! The rule for breaking conflicts is the opposite of that for mods, with the faction listed first having the highest priority. Unfortunately, TES5EDIT will always list the factions in the order they appear within the Skyrim.esm file regardless of the order they appear within an individual .esp file. Even worse, the Creation Kit always displays and writes the factions in alphabetical order. Therefore, neither TES5EDIT nor CK can see the difference between the records for Mirella Godshand in Skyrim.esm and Mirella Godshand Bugfix.esp. The ONLY way I was able to see and modify the faction order and therefore the priority order of the factions was to use a Hex Editor and the zlib library to manually change the .esp files.

As a proof of concept, I created two .esp files. I removed Mirella from the ArkMirellasAlchemyFaction (which isn't needed for her to have the correct inventory) and instead added her to the _00E_FL_Traveller_01_Vender faction for both files. In the first .esp file (TravelFirst.esp), the faction order is:
1. _00E_FL_Traveller_01_Vender
2. ArkMechantMirellaFaction
3. MerchantFaction
4. ArkDefaultMerchantFaction
5. A_CrimeFaction “Ark”

In the second (TravelSecond.esp), the faction order is:
1. ArkMechantMirellaFaction
2. _00E_FL_Traveller_01_Vender
3. MerchantFaction
5. A_CrimeFaction “Ark”

Even though both .esp files appear to be exactly the same in both TES5EDIT and CK, they produce completely different results! Mirella has only food for sale using TravelFirst.esp and her correct inventory with TravelSecond.esp.
TravelFirst.esp
(629 Bytes) 116-mal heruntergeladen
TravelSecond.esp
(629 Bytes) 108-mal heruntergeladen
The faction order for Mirella Godshand in the Skyrim.esm file that came with patch 1.1.7.3 is:
1. MerchantFaction
2. A_CrimeFaction
3. ArkMirellasAlchemyFaction
5. ArkMerchantMirellaFaction

and the faction order in Mirella Godshand Bugfix.esp is in alphabetical order due to the Creation Kit:
1. A_CrimeFaction
2. ArkDefaultMerchantFaction
3. ArkMerchantMirellaFaction
4. ArkMirellasAlchemyFaction
5. MerchantFaction

From trial and error, I discovered that if ArkMerchantMirellaFaction has a higher priority than ArkMirellasAlchemyFaction, Mirella will always have the correct inventory no matter what the rest of the order is. I suspect this is because the PLVD field in the ArkMirellasAlchemyFaction faction is not working as expected although I can't prove it. Taking this into account and placing the factions in order of decreasing specificity, I suggest the following faction order which is implemented in MMMAMFDMCF.esp:
1. ArkMerchantMirellaFaction (MM)
2. ArkMirellasAlchemyFaction (MA)
3. MerchantFaction (MF)
4. ArkDefaultMerchantFaction (DM)
5. A_CrimeFaction (CF)
MMMAMFDMCF.esp
(627 Bytes) 115-mal heruntergeladen
As an interesting side note, it seems that Mirella does not actually need to have the MerchantFaction in order to have her correct inventory. I removed her from the MerchantFaction and added her to 'ArkFaction "Ark"' faction and she still functioned perfectly as far as I could tell. I'm sure some scripts would not be able to recognize her as a vendor though.

Finally, the librarian does not have the same issue as Mirella. He does not have any faction that attaches him to a Vender Buy/Sell List. The only way to fix him would be to add him to one of the existing factions but I'm not sure which one would be correct. However, I suspect there are many minor bugs caused by faction order scattered among the other NPCs.

NOTE: The data size difference between the Skyrim.esm record and the record within Mirella Godshand Bugfix.esp is due do a format difference in the FULL field. Mirella Godshand Bugfix.esp uses a null-terminated zstring which is 17 bytes long while Skyrim.esm uses an lstring (FormID) that is 4 bytes long to reference a string stored outside of the record. The 13 byte difference turns into a 4 byte difference after the data is compressed. This red herring ate up a lot of time :/

NOTE 2: I noticed two very minor issues with Mirella's AI Packages. First, from 3-4AM, Mirella is running the scripts for both gambling (CapitalCityMirella_Gamble01) and sleeping (CapitalCityMirellaSleep0x7) at the same time. I'm not sure if this can cause issues or not. Second, she never locks her door at night because the CapitalCityMirellaTrade13x8 script does not include that function. This does not seem intentional based on other NPC behavior but I could be wrong.
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

Thank you, we will look into it :)
12 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2