Want to get Nehri, with oblivion on steam

Moderator: Moderatoren

3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
alexan1308
Bettler
Bettler

So i got to the readme for the installation of Nehrim. As i got Oblivion on steam this is what was said about the installation.

>Steam is a little rigid concerning its copy protection. Unfortunately, due to that feature you
can't have Nehrim and Oblivion installed separately, so you will have to overwrite Oblivion
with your Nehrim installation

>First create a copy of your Oblivion folder as a backup. You can find this in the folder
Steam/SteamApps/common

With this in mind, im not sure if im interpreting this correctly, would this mean i can play both Oblivion and Nehrim aslong as i have a backupfile for oblivion, or does it mean that Nehrim will overwrite my oblivion no matter what?
Tealor Arantheal
Hoher
Hoher
Danksagung erhalten: 150 Mal

alexan1308 hat geschrieben:
would this mean i can play both Oblivion and Nehrim aslong as i have a backupfile for oblivion, or does it mean that Nehrim will overwrite my oblivion no matter what?
As long as you've the steam version it means that Nehrim is overwriting your Oblivion install.
The backup is only needed if you want to delete Nehrim and restore Oblivion again.

There seems to be a way to play both games on one system if you've the normal DVD version.

But for myself I always only play with Nehrim without any possibility to play Oblivion without uninstalling Nehrim completely.
I would be able to run both since I have a Goty DVD of Oblivion but both games use the same folder for game INIs and documents:
"[Own Documents]\My Games\Oblivion\"
It's cleaner to only plan to play one of them and not both together.
I've heard of a function in the Nehrim lauchner to declare a new place for the Nehrim INI, but actually I have my style of installing it and don't want to change my approved method.

So basically I suggest that it's better to install Nehrim alone without a working Oblivion on your system.
alexan1308
Bettler
Bettler

Ok, thanks. If anyone knows an easy way around my problem, please tell me.
3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1