Version Control problem

Moderator: Moderatoren

3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Stavaas
Gauner
Gauner

I'm trying to get VC to work, and it looks like I've done everything right according to tutorials, but when I load up the .esm used for our mod I get a message saying
Code: Alles auswählen
File in use by 'Andreas' - \\ANDREAS-PC\Master\Data\Skyrim.fud
and all I can do is click Cancel. When I do click Cancel, it continues to load, and then the same message appears. I cancel that one as well, and it finishes loading. Now I can mod, but when I try to Check In, I get the message
Code: Alles auswählen
Failed - Check in canceled. Failed to access check in lock file.
Anyone have any idea what could be wrong?
Stavaas
Gauner
Gauner

No one has any idea?
Xagul
Schattengott
Schattengott
Danksagung erhalten: 67 Mal

I do not know anything about Skyrim and modding with this, I have to admit. But your problem somehow sounded familiar: I am forced to work with an application every day that was designed for Unix once and had been ported to Windows-World. The scheme is the same:
- Open a file with application A
- Do something with the file
- close the file, but do not terminate the application
- Try deleting the file via Windows or something with application B while application A is still active - you fail!

Therefore, please don't hit me if I ask you: Is Skyrim itself really not active?
Second: Where did you install the application?
Third. Do you have access rights to the names file (You should if you did not install the stuff in a %\programs-folder)? Sometimes a file is marked as restricted for no reason.
3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1