Total Conversion Mods

Moderator: Moderatoren

3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
bradleybrand
Schurke
Schurke

Hello guys, sorry for being the only person posting in this forum category... but I have a query.

So Nehrim: At Fate's Edge is a total conversion mod for TES IV: Oblivion. It's fantastic! It has it's very own launcher and it well packaged.

I have been learning more about TES: Construction Set and how to use it. I would like to make a unique small total conversion mod of my own.

So, Nehrim: At Fate's Edge uses Nehrim.esm and does not use Oblivion.esm. I would like the same, say for example: MyMod.esm as I want to make my own worldspace with my own unique lore. I know TES IV: Oblivion content and assets is located in the Oblivion.esm, so my MyMod.esm would have no assets to use.

What would I have to do to have my own MyMod.esm? Am I allowed to have TES IV: Oblivion assets in my own MyMod.esm file?

I would like a gutted Oblivion.esm file, removing the quests, NPCs and other data. All this seems more advanced. I have never really understood how modders make their own total conversion mods. Sadly the Nehrim Team have busy schedules - which is understandable - so I cannot contact them directly.

Is there anyone who can help me out?
bradleybrand
Schurke
Schurke

In the past I downloaded from NexusMods:
Blank Esp With Data: https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/3776

Whilst I appreciate this available file, I believe the greetings animation was missing:
YouTube Bug Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FwpQe35QR8

I have posted on various TES IV: Oblivion forums but unfortunately I have been able to find a fully working blank ESP file with Oblivion data. I have been unsure how to make one of my own as well. Since my mod idea if of my own universal lore and world, it is important for me to gut the Oblivion game.
ZWolol
Bettler
Bettler
Danksagung erhalten: 3 Mal

I work with Morrowind, but the principle is the same.

You need to convert the ESM file to ESP.
Rename the resulting file to "MyMod.esp" and edit it.
When you get the finished mod, you can convert it to ESM.
3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1