Making a Total Conversion

Moderator: Moderatoren

7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Dakcenturi
Bettler
Bettler

Hey,

I was curious in making a total conversion how did you clean out all the TES objects/references that you didn't need in your game? Did you edit the .esm and remove cells, worldspaces, dialogue, etc or did you just start a .esp and create completely new worldspaces and still have all that extra data on the backend?
Golden Thief
Ritter
Ritter

If you want to start total TC from scratch then there are several blank esp (English) on PES and Tes Nexus. They have everything deleted for you but retain one copy of all the items. There are several different styles. Then all you do is load that esp and only that esp in the CS and start building your world. I would play around with one of those ESPs for a little bit to get the feel of it.
Dakcenturi
Bettler
Bettler

Yeah I've seen the blank esp files but I was curious how they were made and if that is the kind of thing this TC was using.
Golden Thief
Ritter
Ritter

Yes, you are on the right track. It is quicker to use a ready made Blank.esp then make your own because they just retain all basic items from the orginal game and they usually are a combination of Morrowind, Tribunal and Bloodmoon. It is usualy what you end upw ith if you do it yourself.
How you make a Blank.esp is to convert the morrowind ESMs to esp with Mash. Then it is load into the CS and one starts deleting everything in game they don't want. It is a time consuming process. If you want to delete a cell highlight the cell name and delete. Once saved it is gone. If you just want to delete cell items highlight all the items you want to delete the push delete. The same goes for dialogue, scripts, etc. for all you want to delete. One doesn't delete items in the Object window unless your sure you don't want it because they are tedious to bring back, these are the items you build your world with.
Then you have what is call your blank.esp.
Once your finished building your world you convert it back to an ESM and then it can only be changed by an ESP.

Did I make it much clearer or did I still muddy the water?
Dakcenturi
Bettler
Bettler

No very clear. Where can I find that Mash program?
Golden Thief
Ritter
Ritter

Hope I get this right trying to post the link to the Bethesda thread for Wyre Mash. It has the info and a download link on TesNexus.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/t ... read-%235/
bradleybrand
Schurke
Schurke

I am commenting on this as I am looking for a empty ESP with Oblivion Data.

I downloaded - Blank Esp With Data - but noticed Argonian race was missing.

Another issue, maybe fixable, is whenever I talk to a voiced NPC, they are stuck in a drinking animation loop during dialogue. Whenever I end the conversation, the drinking animation loop ends.
7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1