Request: Improving Oblivion

Moderator: Moderatoren

8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
bradleybrand
Schurke
Schurke

Dear SureAI community,

I have really enjoyed Nehrim for Oblivion with it's improvements to the base game. I have tried downloading and installing mods for the base game of Oblivion without success. I face issues with OBSE. I have it working, introduce more mods, suddenly it stops. I am no expert in this field.

So I thought about this. How Nehrim has it's own launcher and installer, couldn't we create something for this for base game Oblivion? A modpack and installer giving the player to download multiple things through some launcher? For those who have trouble with mods, it would save a lot of time and pain.

MAYBE this post alone, with what I've tried, will encourage someone of the community to create a custom launcher/installer to help people just like myself and many others whom continue to face difficulties getting Oblivion mods to function.

Never got these to work with OBSE. No idea about a "load order" either. Once OBSE stops working and you try to replace/overwrite it again, not sure what else one can do.

Utilities:
  • Oblivion Mod Manager - installing OMOD mods
  • Mod Organizer - mod client for Oblivion/Skyrim/Etc
  • OBSE Tester - plugin to test if OBSE works in game or not
Patches:
  • Unofficial Patches + DLC ones (have all DLCs) - via Mod Organizer
OBSE related:
  • OBSE - manual following the instructions
  • MenuQue - installed with Oblivion Mod Manager (OMM)?
  • Elys Universal Silence Voice - manual OBSE plugin
  • Oblivion Stutter Removal (OSR) - manual OBSE plugin
  • Blockhead - manual OBSE plugin
UI & Interface:
  • DarNified UI - installed with Oblivion Mod Manager (OMM)
  • Mini map reboot - both manual and Mod Organizer wasn't working so disabled
Textures:
  • Qarl TP3 texture mod - OMOD - installed via Oblivion Mod Manager (OMM) - always worked!
  • Oblivion Character Overhaul
Game Play:
  • Ultimate Levelling - Installed with Mod Organizer
Dreams of...
  • Immersive Interiors + REQUIRED
  • Eleven Map + Shivering Isles version --- IF compatible with DarNified
  • Some minimap working with DarNified
  • Kvatch Rebuilt
  • Kvatch Rebuilt + Female Guards
Kind regards,
Bradley.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 617 Mal

hi, welcome to the forum!

glad to hear you liked Nehrim :)
I have really enjoyed Nehrim for Oblivion with it's improvements to the base game. I have tried downloading
and installing mods for the base game of Oblivion without success. I face issues with OBSE.
I have it working, introduce more mods, suddenly it stops. I am no expert in this field.
[...]
Never got these to work with OBSE. No idea about a "load order" either. Once OBSE stops working and you try to replace/overwrite it again, not sure what else one can do. [...]
that's probably a specific mod's fault then. can you isolate it?
maybe you don't have all prerequisites installed, or the mod is outdated, or just buggy.
or it may be an issue of using to many installation "methods". I don't know if OMM/MO/manual can overwrite each other, and what would cause obse to not work.
at least Vortex has a build-in support for automatic modlist sorting, otherwise you could check out BOSS
So I thought about this. How Nehrim has it's own launcher and installer, couldn't we create something for this for base game Oblivion?
A modpack and installer giving the player to download multiple things through some launcher?
For those who have trouble with mods, it would save a lot of time and pain.
i don't know much about that (and i don't play Oblivion anymore anyway), but you might want to ask around on sureAI's discord channel, or Oblivion's Nexusmods forum.
please keep in mind that developing a tool like that isn't as easy as it sounds, and connecting it to Steam will be a nightmare.
bradleybrand
Schurke
Schurke

Thank you very much for your reply!
24.11.2020 15:52urst hat geschrieben:
that's probably a specific mod's fault then. can you isolate it?
maybe you don't have all prerequisites installed, or the mod is outdated, or just buggy.
or it may be an issue of using to many installation "methods". I don't know if OMM/MO/manual can overwrite each other, and what would cause obse to not work.
at least Vortex has a build-in support for automatic modlist sorting, otherwise you could check out BOSS
I had a lot of problems with mods for Oblivion. But I've managed to get something working together. I had a mod plugin called OBSE Tester to clearly say if OBSE was working in game or not. I would highly recommend this for anyone trying to get OBSE working. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, I have been unable to get Kvatch Rebuilt to run for base game Oblivion. No idea why. Tried putting it top of load order, tried putting the unofficial patches followed by the mod - nothing. Had this mod working before in the past on it's own, but that's boring.
i don't know much about that (and i don't play Oblivion anymore anyway), but you might want to ask around on sureAI's discord channel, or Oblivion's Nexusmods forum.
please keep in mind that developing a tool like that isn't as easy as it sounds, and connecting it to Steam will be a nightmare.
To put it simply, there was MANY features of Nehrim's game play I really enjoyed and would love to see in vanilla Oblivion. I loved the levelling up - gaining XP through discovering locations, killing enemies, etc -I feel it would be possible to implement this. (I loved the mining feature - this would require a lot more work and tweaking). If someone could implement such a feature into vanilla, that would be 'wunderbar' (wonderful).
All I want is some Nehrim features in the base vanilla game. But unfortunately I don't have the required skills to do it myself. :(
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

Kvatch Rebuilt:
:(
zero idea, sorry. (hopefully someone else has)

Nehrim features:
several of the features / meshes/ etc used ingame were already established mods, check out the credits.txt in [...\Steam\steamapps\common\Oblivion\Data] :)
if that doesn't help you should also check (if you haven't already) if mods were already created, Experience Point do, a smithing sytem too.
bradleybrand
Schurke
Schurke

26.11.2020 16:29urst hat geschrieben:
Kvatch Rebuilt:
:(
zero idea, sorry. (hopefully someone else has)

Nehrim features:
several of the features / meshes/ etc used ingame were already established mods, check out the credits.txt in [...\Steam\steamapps\common\Oblivion\Data] :)
if that doesn't help you should also check (if you haven't already) if mods were already created, Experience Point do, a smithing sytem too.
Oh wow! I haven't reached the smithing system in game yet. I've just been exploring, looting, selling, and doing some quests really. That smithing system looks great! Will defiantly have to try get this for base game Oblivion.

Locations are so much better in Nehrim, like the castles. I see logical things too. From where you exit the mine and reach the first town, I've pretty much been exploring the locations around there. I love Nehrim. But many features within Nehrim are very impressive, like mentioned, so it would be good to find these mods and implement them into the base game as well.

Searching through the credits... some caught eye... under additional mods...
  • cOJzZ - WalkBlessed OBSE Plugin (diagonal move)
  • stoker25 - Menu Alt-Tab Crash Fix
  • shadeMe - Blockhead ***I know about***
  • Arthmoor - Nehrim Experience Progress Bar
  • Boris Vorontsov - ENBoost ***heard of but unsure about it***
  • scruggs - Denock Arrow ***upon research, despite not used in game, you can cancel a bow shot without losing the arrow***
  • shadeMe - Vacuity ***research see value of chests, etc***
Still no idea how they changed the levelling system so that players level through experience XP like killing enemies, finding locations, etc. Seems much more advanced stuff. If there is a mod, or SureAI could release a mod for this for vanilla Oblivion, that would be fantastic!

Also no idea what mod implements mining feature in game, unless that is SureAI own work and no mods.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

wasn't mining included in Oblivion (thats why i thought you were refering to the smithing, sorry :oops: )?
there are at least two mods to change aspects of it, "Better Mining" and "Immersive Mining"

one of the mods i linked above is an experience points system that seems pretty similar to Nehrim.

there are also mods that change dungeons and landscapes (to be a bit more not awefully same-ish),
first things I found was "SnusDungeons" and "Unique Landscapes Compilation".

you should generally keep in mind that we're always happy to help, but (modded/) Oblivion isn't our expertise :mrgreen:
bradleybrand
Schurke
Schurke

27.11.2020 16:20urst hat geschrieben:
wasn't mining included in Oblivion (thats why i thought you were refering to the smithing, sorry :oops: )?
There were rocks you could interact with and collect the resources inside them, I guess like a chest but a rock. But you did not need any tools and your tools didn't damage over time - which really impressed me with Nehrim. Never saw such a thing in Oblivion before.
there are at least two mods to change aspects of it, "Better Mining" and "Immersive Mining"
I'll defiantly research into these!
there are also mods that change dungeons and landscapes (to be a bit more not awefully same-ish),
I've heard of some, but also some Oblivion mods I've tried for other things haven't been that good. Nehrim, on the otherhand, is very professional. But some Oblivion mods seem too basic, like some of the new settlement mods. I think it's better cities, despite I've never tried, I think some things look too much. I just wanted some things added to a reasonable degree. For Skyrim, however, I liked Beyond Skyrim where they added parts of Cyrodiil with Bruma expanded - felt they done a fantastic job there.
you should generally keep in mind that we're always happy to help, but (modded/) Oblivion isn't our expertise :mrgreen:
That's understandable but since the team built Nehrim, I thought Nehrim stuff could be implemented into vanilla Oblivion. But luckily now you've told me about different mods to help achieve the things seen in Nehrim into vanilla Oblivion, thank you. :)
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

27.11.2020 22:31bradleybrand hat geschrieben:
I've heard of some, but also some Oblivion mods I've tried for other things haven't been that good. Nehrim, on the otherhand, is very professional. But some Oblivion mods seem too basic, like some of the new settlement mods. I think it's better cities, despite I've never tried, I think some things look too much. I just wanted some things added to a reasonable degree. For Skyrim, however, I liked Beyond Skyrim where they added parts of Cyrodiil with Bruma expanded - felt they done a fantastic job there.
yeah, that's exactly the reason why I never played Oblivion again.
I tried multiple times, couldn't get over the leveldesign. (Nehrim is like crack)
just stay with Nehrim :mrgreen:
8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1