Moderator: Moderatoren

14 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
grhluna
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Bethesda now confirmed V is in the making
they confirmed this with eurogamer denmark
http://www.eurogamer.dk/articles/2010-1 ... -v-paa-vej
Bethesda Game Studios is hard at work on the fifth game in the Elder Scrolls series, according to a new report.

It's a direct sequel to 2006's stonking great fantasy role-playing game Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Eurogamer Denmark said.

We've asked the author of the story, Eurogamer Denmark Editor-in-chief Kristian West, to translate into English for us (apparently Google doesn't do it justice). Here's what he said:

"This source not only confirmed that the game is in current production, but also spoke briefly about the content - with fantasy-sounding phrases like Dragon Lord, something with The Blades - and that voice acting for the characters in the game is currently happening in the weeks to follow.

"The same source confirmed, with official game documents in hand, that this will be the chronological sequel to what happened in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, which is the latest game in the now 16-years-old Elder Scrolls saga and by itself one of the better RPGs for PC and consoles.

"The sequel to Oblivion is coming, we can hereby confirm without hesitation. It's been a while since 2006, hasn't it?"

Rumour of an Elder Scrolls sequel has been rife since Oblivion's launch.

In August Bethesda Game Studios told Eurogamer the majority of its 90 or so staff are beavering away on the new game - thought to be a new Elder Scrolls title - which has been in development for two years.

Executive producer Todd Howard said in an interview with Eurogamer at QuakeCon that the studio's current title will be announced soon, but he couldn't say exactly when. "I have a sense but we're not ready even to talk about [the timing of the announcement], because it might change. I don't want to disappoint people.

"One thing I can say is that from when you first hear about it to when it's out will be the shortest it's been for us. It's pretty far along. When we show it, we want to show a lot, because there's a lot of game there to play right now.

"You know, if [global VP of PR and marketing] Pete Hines came in and said, 'I want you to show it,' I'd be like, 'Okay, I'm ready to show it.' But we've just decided for now not to yet."

Howard wouldn't be drawn on many details about the game, but said the technology was derived from the engine that powered Fallout 3, albeit with significant modifications.

"Fallout 3 technically does a lot more than Oblivion. The new stuff is an even bigger jump from that," he said.

"I can say it is on the existing platforms, which we're really happy with. You almost feel like you have a new console when you see the game."
now the rumour has been confirmed :D
grhluna
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

first screenshot leaked new boss elder scrolls V
Bild
evercharmer
Schurke
Schurke

Howard wouldn't be drawn on many details about the game, but said the technology was derived from the engine that powered Fallout 3, albeit with significant modifications.
I HAVE NOT RAGED THIS HARD IN SO LONG.
THEY HAD BETTER BE SOME DAMN SIGNIFICANT CHANGES.
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi

Why not hand development over to the SureAi Team? I'd be certain we would get a great game then.
Helol
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

Exactly .. SureAi would make it look like a cake... when bethesda... well.. they may make it look good.... but we'll see....
Principe Alessandro
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

Well the Fallout engine is better than the Oblivion ones especially dealing with the memory.
Shatar
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

The elder scrolls V: SKYRIM has been announced at last!!

Check the video here: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-1 ... e-2/708369
himmelslicht
Schicksalsbote
Schicksalsbote
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

11.11.11? Thats still a while to go until then.

Dragons. Why are they always the bad guys in western mythology? Anyways, it looks awesome. Cant wait to see some real ingame grafics.

Btwm does anyone know the song from the trailer? Or is something custom made for ES:V?
Shatar
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

I was also wonderng about that. I keep a playlist of trailer music from many different composers, but I didn't find the one in the video.

I think it's made by Jeremy Soule, as he also did the music for Oblivion and Morrowind. Or it could be made by a specific trailer music company (for example: Two Steps From Hell)
kassandra
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

14 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2