Why is Arktwend such a great game

Moderator: Moderatoren

3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
SakalCT
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Well, Arktwend has its week spots, but in general it has TRUE RPG approach. As it's shown in this quest:

************** BEWARE OF SPOILER *************** BEWARE OF SPOILER *************** BEWARE OF SPOILER **************

In Stormwend there's a man desperately looking for his wife Leni. He knows she has a friend in a harbor. So you go there, you find this woman but she tells you only three words: "ruins of Storm". OK and now what? First I thought that "ruins of Storm" was just a name of some location which I would find during my next adventures. But two days later I found a book called "History of Stormwend" and because I LOVE digging in game's LORE and its world history I gladly read it. From the book I found out that the capital Stormwend has been built on the ruins of ancient city Storm. See - these are the "ruins of Storm". But where should I look for the ruins? And then I saw it. Of course - UNDER the city! So I entered sewers and there I really found location of ruined old city and Leni WAS really there - I was sooooo proud of myself! :-)

Without reading the book and my clever calculation :-) I would never find it.

This is how IMHO real quest should look like - no map makers, no spell to show you the way like in Skyrim, just THINKING and SEARCHING. Old-school maybe, but still very STRONG approach for hardcore players. I love this!
Zuletzt geändert von SakalCT am 29.05.2012 02:07, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

I'd play it but I just can't stand Morrowind's gameplay and combat :thumbsdown: Call me newfag whatever I just can't
SakalCT
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Hazzmat hat geschrieben:
I'd play it but I just can't stand Morrowind's gameplay and combat :thumbsdown: Call me newfag whatever I just can't
It was hard to get used to old Morrowind gameplay for me as well (especially after I spent tens of hours playing Skyrim). Sure, combat system is one of the worst things about Morrowind and I've never liked it. But RPGs shouldn't be (only) about combat. That "I show you everything" system in Skyrim is just fun-destroyer and Arktwend brings something new. Or old? :-)
3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1