Arktwend Thieves Guild Bug

Moderator: Moderatoren

4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Luluiron
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

So I have the Steam version of Morrowind and I'm running Arktwend through OpenMW since it was the only way it would actually run.

I'm at the beginning of the Thieves Guild questline where I first talk to the Masterthief. My issue is that at the end of our conversation, my journal doesn't update and Jarko won't talk to me about the questline (he just says "how are you?" or something like that). I heard Arktwend with OpenMW might be a little buggy so I downloaded TAO thinking it would fix this, but it didn't. I tried reloading older saves and doing things a little differently too but that didn't work either.

Is there any way I can fix this?
KuroPurple
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 21 Mal

Hi.

As you tried an older save already: How old is that save? Before you started the quest to steal the meat at the market? If not you could try that and hope that this one might work. What might also help could be to go back to an older save, leave Stormwend and find a bed to sleep for a week? I don't know the exact time it takes for things to reset in Arktwend.

Those would be the safest solutions. If that doesn't help somebody might know the console command to progress the stage.

Greetings KuroPurple
Luluiron
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

I tried to load up an older save to after I completed the tournament and before I entered Stormwend, I also went out and slept in a random bed for a week but I'm still having the same problem :dead: I'll try again with a much older save to before I do the tournament and see how that goes

I'm new to Morrowind console commands in general so would anyone maybe know the stage command?
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

Hello Luluiron

A solution via console is usually not helpful, as it can cause errors that are only visible later and then it is unsolvable.

OpenMW could be a problem, but I can't say anything about that.
We can't suport that either, only the creators can do that.
Unfortunately I can't test your saved game because I can't play the English version.

Here is a forum post about installing on Steam, but in German, with pretty detailed instructions on what to do or why it doesn't work otherwise.

You need a Steam_Morrowind_installation and the Morrowind code patch (But I still use the old version 2.0 for Arktwend, so I don't know the latest version.).
This resets the date of the archives to the original date of Morrowind and so replacermods can also work with Steam.
(I would leave everything as it is in the MCP menu. The important thing is to reset the date!)

I myself have never tested this option!

I hope I can help you with this,
but it's possible that your save game has been modified by OpenMW and is therefore not compatible?
4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1