Stormweld - Random Combat Music

Moderator: Moderatoren

5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
_Drakkar_
Bettler
Bettler

I've been playing Arktwend for a few days now and am mostly just relaxing in Stormwend, walking around the city, enjoying myself, and suddenly combat music starts playing. I take a look around, but see no hostiles, so I scratch my head. I wander further down the street and the music stops. I wander back and the music starts playing again, so I look for solutions online.

So far I've created an alternate save which lets me mess with commands and other things to try to fix this problem. Turns out there are two spots that aren't actually too far from one another, near the south-west gate by the Tournament area. At first I thought it was Flinkfeil who was triggering it so I killed him. It wasn't him. I've used noclip to look around and have found no creatures and no npcs stuck outside of the world. I've used detect animal and found nothing except for the pigs nearby.

I've drawn the areas where the music is triggered with red. It's a bit rough but it's as accurate as I could make it. I hope someone can help me identify what's causing this.

Bild
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

It's been some time since I've played, but I can think of a couple of possibilities, depending on where you are on various quests, etc. There is a point where a fight with a mage occurs when you approach a point (not with you involved in the fighting, just witnessing, then the body disappears) so it may have something to do with that; maybe there is a bug that keeps the fight from actually being visible to you. Another possibility is that there is a point, if I recall correctly, where an assassin comes after you, and him being nearby might trigger that music. Some of the triggers in Arktwend are a bit weird. Robbers -- sometimes you can get attacked, but it seems to me that only happened at night in the port area.

There were times when I tried to teleport (recall spell) or sleep but couldn't supposedly because I was in combat or there were nearby enemies, even though it didn't appear that way to me.

Just a thought, did you enter the city legally (by winning the tournament)?

EDIT: I loaded up Arktwend and checked the journal entries in one of my old saves. Have you joined the guards and are investigating a murder? Things happen near the warehouse (NE of the thieves guild entrance) that might trigger combat music. Otherwise, no idea.
_Drakkar_
Bettler
Bettler

19.04.2018 17:49badgesareus hat geschrieben:
snip
I entered the city by winning the tournament, yes, and have witnessed both the thief vanishing with the mage and have fought the assassin. I already did the guard quest involving the warehouse.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

Hmmm, odd. Have you tried to travel somewhere else for awhile and then return, maybe take the ship to Bregen and muck around for a bit, save, exit game, load that save & then return and see if the music is still there? I'm out of ideas.
_Drakkar_
Bettler
Bettler

19.04.2018 22:13badgesareus hat geschrieben:
Hmmm, odd. Have you tried to travel somewhere else for awhile and then return, maybe take the ship to Bregen and muck around for a bit, save, exit game, load that save & then return and see if the music is still there? I'm out of ideas.
It appears to be fixed now. I spent a week in-game away from Stormweld and the combat music no longer plays there.
5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1