Stuck on Thieves Guild Initiation Quest (and a cleric quest)

Moderator: Moderatoren

7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
GalenKnight56
Gauner
Gauner

Hello, so in Arktwend I received a quest from Golia to steal a chicken cutlet from Salvadore the Butcher. However, every time I try to do so, even when waiting until night or cheating to raise my Sneak skill to max, I cannot seem to grab that cutlet. I ended up using TCL to go through Golia so I could go to the Thieves Guild and advance the Main Quest. Is there a correct way to do this quest? or is it bugged? On a somewhat unrelated note, the first quest I received from the Clerics was to collect donations from everyone for church renovations. I believe I have asked everyone, but I keep getting told that the money is not enough. Does the quest only advance when I haved talked to certain people or when I have at least a certain amount of gold? Thanks in advance.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

Regarding stealing the chicken:
[+] You
have to talk to the other butcher in the market and convince him to go talk to the guy with the chicken. When he is distracted talking to the other butcher, you can steal the chicken.
Regarding the cleric quest to collect donations, there are certain people who will donate, and you have to get a donation from each of them to complete the quest. Talk to everyone in the area, including the noble quarter, the main streets, and people you might not think of such as drunks or children. If you really get frustrated, let me know and I'll give you a list of names.
GalenKnight56
Gauner
Gauner

I managed to solve both of the above problems thanks. There are a couple more questions however. Does the Stormwend Bank actually serve a purpose like the later projects do? Also, in the City Guard questline, I got to the part where I found the dagger used for murder and got sent to find Antonia. I went to the Six Fishes and was told she would be at the warehouse. When I got there, she was already dead behind the warehouse, but nothing happens afterwards, no journal entry. Is something supposed to happen?
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter

About the bank, I never paid attention to those "earn interest" things because they were so small and there are ways to get much more gold than messing around with them. You can rob the bank, very carefully, especially if you have the levitate spell so you can go in through the roof.

Sorry, I don't recall much about Antonia. Maybe if you just report back to the commander that ends the quest. I also recall before the English patch there were some glitches with Antonia. Check your journal entry, sometimes information is there but the alert that your journal has been updated often flashes very quickly, usually when you are busy with something, and it is easy to miss.

EDIT I loaded up one of my old saves to check journal entries. I had one that said: "I am uncomfortable with this murder. I found Antonia dead . . . ." The next journal entry says "The assassin is dead. . . . " and the next is when I reported back and got promoted.

I think there must be some clue (on the body or near it??) that leads you to Antonia's house where you confront an assassin (it is near the thieves guild entrance, near where the knight trainer is.) Hope something here can help you.
GalenKnight56
Gauner
Gauner

There never was something in my journal. The last update I got was about finding the murder weapon and going to the Six Fishes to find Antonia. I also don't know where her house is. Is it possible you can give me the codes to skip through stages in this quest?
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter

Sorry, when I said Antonia's house I should have said the warehouse. If there are no clues and you couldn't enter the warehouse, I don't know. Something should trigger an assassin attack. I don't have any references to the setstage commands so I can't offer any help there. It is just a side quest, so you don't have to finish it to move on.
GalenKnight56
Gauner
Gauner

I looked up the journal code in the Construction Set and managed to proceed the quest by setting the stage to 15. I found out by a save I made on a different character that the quest update was supposed to trigger when I approached the body.
7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1