were is the theavs guild??

Moderator: Moderatoren

17 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2
FreezeProblem
Krieger
Krieger
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

In some "corner" of stormwend walls will be an npc and it will "forcegeet" you when you get close enough.
SakalCT
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Well, I figured this out. So behold! Guide how to join Guild of Thieves in Stormwend (note: English version only!)

First, let me explain where the problem is:
1) There are two glitches in English 3.1 version - first of all there is absolutely NO hint that the main quest is bounded together with the Thieves Guild. Although - there WAS one. I believe in version 2.x of English translation in the very beginning the bishop who led you to the statue where you created your character mentioned something about sending you for a quest to find some rare book or scroll, I don't remember. And I think he said something like "you should ask around Stormwend" - and who knows more about lost items than thieves? But in version 3.1 this dialog has been cut off and the bishop just send you away without any explanation.

2) Anyway using this hint or Google ;-) you find out that if you want to advance in the main quest you must somehow join the Thieves Guild. In German version character Golia starts dialog about joining TG by herself just when player approaches her. In English version its author Golden Thief changed this to able player to explore Stormwend without this quest being triggered. Not bad idea I think but problem is that Golia has NO topic about TG, so you just can't launch this chain of quests and you're STUCK!

3) So how to do it? It's quite easy - don't bother with Golia, go directly to the market and steal a chicken cutlet from Salvadore (first put him to an argument with Huxley - this alters your journal). Once you have the cutlet in your inventory, go to Golia. She will gladly accept it and let you into TG headquarters.

Enjoy!
Zuletzt geändert von SakalCT am 24.05.2012 16:59, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
FreezeProblem
Krieger
Krieger

This is strange.

As I approch her while exploring stormwend and she initiated dialogue correctly. And I find no way to make it glitch. But I will try))
If there error I need to fix it before starting new game (I have made few things wrong way from beginning of game exploring world and reached stormwend being level 22 from then game was too easy)
I am using 3.1 witout overhaul (since 3.1 said to have unbreakable quests).
SakalCT
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Maybe I did something what I shouldn´t have. I did all quests for City Guard and some quests for Clerics before I approached Golia for the first time (although I am quite sure I ran to her during my "picking donations for the church" quest for Clerics). Or maybe you must contact someone else to make Golia react to you.

Anyway I noticed one interesting thing - in the town there are several dark characters named "robbers". They DID NOT attack me on sight when I entered Stormwend but for some reason they started to be hostile from some point. This would be logic after you join City Guard - you become their enemy after all. Also the chief of TG mentioned that City Guard was their arch-enemy. Maybe this has something to do with Golia not responding. Also a bartender in Six Fishes (pub in the port) doesn't want to talk to me even with high "like me" status. If I ask him for a bed to stay for a night he just says: "I don't want you here".

EDIT: I use English 3.1 + English patch + TAO 0.14
FreezeProblem
Krieger
Krieger

Those robbers are just regular enemies but they are controlled by script.
They get enabled after 21 00 and disabled after 7 00. They also non agressive but guided by script to attack PC if it gets closer than 40ft. They respawn and not involved in any quests. And I know this because this scripl glitches from 00 00 till 7 00 and I already fixed it for my version.

There is still some unhealthly things that running in menu mode making inventory lag when in stormwend.
SakalCT
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I tried some console commands. I used PlaceAtPC "DIEBGolia" 1,20,1 to create "another" Golia, but she has any topic about TG neither.

I also tried addtopic "join the thieves guild". It worked. All NPCs have this topic in their dialog screen EXCEPT of Golia. This is funny. :-)
FreezeProblem
Krieger
Krieger

This is quite simple. Topic disappearing from her only and after you take the mission.
And no other way.

Probably to prevent taking quest multiple times.

But I agree that it is far from obvious.
17 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2