How exactly do I run this mod?

Moderator: Moderatoren

7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
bout
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

I've tried different setups:

1. MA_RoK_1.00.ESM + ma_script_base.ESM = Error message where "Yes" freezes the game and "No" closes it
2. MA_RoK_1.00.ESM + ma_script_base.ESM + all the patch .ESP files = same result as above
3. MA_RoK_Eng_v0001.esm + Additional_Journal_Translations_ENG.esp = Game runs in English but I get default Morrowind races

How do I properly run Myar Aranath in English?
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

As far as I know no translation or patch of SureAI was built for the English version, see here/, I can't reliably help you with that.
You have to contact the creator for support of the english version.

but maybe this has kept you going?

my loading sequence:
ma_script_base.ESM + MA_RoK_1.00.ESM + german patches,
NONE Morrowind.esm; tribunal.esm or bloodmoon.esm in your Install files !
bout
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

12.10.2019 18:18Stefanie hat geschrieben:
As far as I know no translation or patch of SureAI was built for the English version, see here/, I can't reliably help you with that.
You have to contact the creator for support of the english version.

but maybe this has kept you going?

my loading sequence:
ma_script_base.ESM + MA_RoK_1.00.ESM + german patches,
NONE Morrowind.esm; tribunal.esm or bloodmoon.esm in your Install files !
How do I change load order in Morrowind, though? I don't see any arrows.

Another question:
The wiki says "There are 3 playable races. The Dark Elves, the Halfpaw, and the people of Myar. "
What exactly are Halfpaws and "people of Myar"? Is any of them visually original or are they all renamed Morrowind races? What about Attribute and Skill bonuses?

Ok, I did some research on a German "let's play" and here is what I found.

Dark Elves = Dunmer
Halfpaw, which should be called Half Elf (I know some German) = Imperial
People of Myar aka generic humans = Nord
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

The loading order for old Morrowind files depends on the date of the last editing.

If you have a mod manager, he can do it.

otherwise
Start the TES-CS editor,
Click on the open file icon,
In the Data Files list that appears, highlight the file that you want to move to the bottom by clicking on it,
in the right summary field e.g. insert a space and remove it again,
Click Cancel and exit the editor immediately.

However, this should not be necessary for you, since the files have the correct times directly from the server.
(for ma_script_base.ESM and MA_RoK_1.00.ESM)
bout
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I've tried reinstalling it and playing the German version, but upon starting a new game I still get some error message. I can either accept or decline. After accepting I can only see the cave and cursor - I can't move or rotate. After declining the game closes. Looks like I can't play this mod.
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

Maybe you have some file remnants that interfere there?
-1.Uninstall the game and then delete the installation folder if it still exists.
-2. install The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind + Tribunal & Bloodmoon and start the game (is everything okay until then?)
-3. then install the mod (for german) as described + the patch : https://sureai.net/games/myararanath/
Delete (or move for backup) Morrowind.esm; Tribunal.esm and Bloodmoon.esm

See also the German Patch-Tread
I hope this works for you.

should there still be mistakes, I would have to take a closer look at them.

Edit:
The problem is, either the English version without complete patches or the German version with patch,
You have to decide, because the English version is not up to date.
baeuchlein
Krieger
Krieger
Danksagung erhalten: 28 Mal

bout, if you get an error message and question when starting a new game, is it something like the following?

"Script MWE_LoadScript
Trying to RunFunction index greater than function
count
The script will not run anymore."

The question then should be something like "Continue program?". If so, you should have three options: "Yes", "No" and "Yes to All".

If that is the case, answer "Yes to All". When the game apparently freezes, hit the ESC key, then select the option to start a new game again. This time, no error message should pop up, and you should be able to start "Myar Aranath".

Concerning the english translation, I've written down that I once was able to get it to run by installing Morrowind, Tribunal and Bloodmoon, then installing Myar Aranath v1.0, then the english patches in the file MA_Translations.7z available on ModDB.com. Can be a hassle to find out where exactly the unpacked files have to be placed, though.

The load order for the plugins or data files should be

1. MA_RoK_Eng v0001.esm
2. ma_script_base.ESM
3. Additional_Journal_Translations_ENG.esp

I did not write down anything about races being mis-named, but I do not know exactly what I did back then. I also did not play much of the english version. But maybe you can get the english version 1.0 of Myar Aranath up and running now.

Installing any patches on top of the english translation usually switches everything back to German again, I'm afraid. So far, I know no means of preventing that. Thus, like Stefanie wrote, it's either Myar Aranath v1.0 English or Myar Aranath German, any version. At least until, maybe, another solution can be found.
7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1