Anyone use laptop for Nehrim/games?

Moderator: Moderatoren

16 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.

I do OC once in a while. Not too much. But the fans I have came with case or are on gpu's. Cannot remove any and apart from turning some off do not want to turn down much below 25%.

Believe it or not, just as typing this, someone just came in and said how quiet they sounded in here, but they could hear them downstairs!!!!?????
I give up. :roll:
himmelslicht
Schicksalsbote
Schicksalsbote
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

o.O Ok, maybe its not the fans, but the HDDs vibration spreading through the ceiling? I dont know either, something that sounds silent close up just CANT be loud far away o.O
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.

Thanks for help and suggestions.

Am getting some sound proofing foam or similar (when I can find some) to stand pc's on. If that does not work, buy some ear defenders for them (p.s thats a joke. I'd get killed if they saw this) :lol:
Dark Phoenix
Krieger
Krieger

I use a laptop for gaming. I have to.. wife's pc broke and she took my desktop over.. But.. I love my laptop. I have posted a list on other forums of over 100 modern FPS games this thing playes well on either medium or high settings. It is a Compaq cq61 with a single core AMD Sempron II 3.0 mhz processor ( dual processors are way overrated for gaming, as most games dont make use of them anyway) with 4 gigs of ram. It has a 366 megabyte ATI Radeon 4200 HD video chip that can use shared system ram for a total of 1.6 gigabytes of video mamory. ( people also say shared video ram sucks, thay are only half right - shared video ram works awesomely if your not trying to run lots of other applications in the background. This thing cost me $ 350.00 at Wal-Mart - about the cheapest new laptop you can get. came with 2 gigs of ram, I added 2 more gigs for 50 bucks. Total 400.00 U.S dollars.

On it I play Oblivion (Nehrim) on medium settings, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, All Thief games, Splinter cell games, Two Worlds, Gothic 3, Half Life 2, Doom 3, Singularity, Call of Dudy Modern Warfare 1 and 2, GTA San Andreas & GTA 4, ( low settings for GTA 4) Crysis 1 and 2, Far Cry 1 and 2, all the Stalker games, the Precursers, White Gold 2, borderlands, ( and a bunch of older games like Morrowind and deus ex - you name it, this thing plays it well. Most games that came out this year I play on medium settings and thats just fine with me. Most other games that are at least a few years old I play on high settings. I say, grab a laptop with a good video chip and try it out - don't listen to the crowd. Only games I really have any problem with and have to go to lower than medium settings are console type games that were not optimized well for PC.

Beats any portable gaming system and any console system hands down, is portable, more flexable than those. In my book it's a win win.
Vandriam
Gauner
Gauner
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

I have used an Acer Aspire 7736 ZG to play Nehrim.

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce G210M (512 Mo of video memory)
RAM : 4Go (DDR2)
CPU : Intel Pentium T4300

I just had framerates lags sometimes but not any big problem on this computer.
I have bought it 700 Euros 2 years ago.
bananasplit
Senior Level Designer
Senior Level Designer
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 3 Mal

I use a Laptop both for working on and playing Enderal...well..it worked fine for Skyrim, but for anything beyond that you might consider a Desktop PC i guess. Still, Enderal works ok on my Laptop, but more powerfull Desktop PCs do make it much easier both using the creation kit and playing Enderal ..plus it is more fun. It is great to take your work everywhere though, on the train, visiting friends etc. and also having a go at mashing up some undead in a train compartment full of old ladies;)

Downside is poorer visuals, lower framerate..you want to spend at least 1300 - 1500 euros on a decent gaming laptop, if it is supposed to run Enderal in a proper way;)

Edit: I use an Asus Laptop, which has the largest screen available..which is nice for all visual applications. It is quite heavy though, 4 kilos something, and it does not fit into a backpack easily. There´s 8 Gb Ram, 2Gb vram and a core i7 something..can t rememeber the details. Works fine for Renderapplications and other visual stuff. This model is supposed to fit "mulitmedia" demands.. there are special models for gaming, but somehow i never heard anybody was really happy with those..quality issues
16 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2