Will Sure AI expand Enderal after release?

Moderator: Moderatoren

11 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
mindw0rk
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

Im curious after english version is out and major bugs fixed are there any plans for additional content in Enderal? I remember there were content patches for Nehrim. Would be cool to have huge mega dungeon added post release specifically for high level characters, challenging those players like Dark Souls
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 138 Mal

Well, currently the Golden Sickle is missing in Enderal (a guild questline with 7 quests and several endings)
That one will most likely be added before EV release.

Afterwards there is also an update to Crafting in planning (adding more and better craftable weapons and especially armors)

Apart from those 2 we'll have to see - Nico is leaving for Thailand next week and he won't come back for several months (3-4) which leaves Johannes as the only one who can really implement new things (apart from 1 or 2 level designers).

Johannes on the other hand will have much work to do starting in a few weeks as the game studio at which he works (Grimlore Games) is at the Gamescom with Spellforce 3.

That said - there is no plan to let Enderal simply die; it is just that for next few months there is literally nobody who can add content (something nobody wanted, but if 4 of your 6 Quest Designers leave the project halfway in and the same is true for most of your level Designers, there is not much one can do :-( )
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 20 Mal

This isn't good news, but it's not like anyone can complain about it (Enderal is already a huge game, and I calling it a game and not a mod for a reason).

However I would like to ask something: what about the features you had to cut off before release because they weren't working but you said you were going to try to implement later? Like the flying the lion-thing that fly you from one place to another in World of Warcraft style (always loved flying and looking at the world like that). Are you guys still trying to add this stuff or you had to give up?
Aesir
Schurke
Schurke
Danksagung erhalten: 5 Mal

They made a whole list of things that sadly didn't make it in the game in the german part of the forum and if anyone is interested I could translate it if I find the time.

Regarding the flying thing though I have bad news for you since this feature will most likely never show up in the game. According to the devs the real time flying was already fully implemented but it led to crashes all the time, simply because the Creation Engine wasn't able to process all the stuff it would have to load.
mindw0rk
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

Aesir hat geschrieben:
They made a whole list of things that sadly didn't make it in the game in the german part of the forum and if anyone is interested I could translate it if I find the time.
Please do. Im sure many are interested
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 20 Mal

mindw0rk hat geschrieben:
Aesir hat geschrieben:
Please do. Im sure many are interested
If you can find the time it would be nice to know, thanks. :)
Eolath
Paladin
Paladin

Caleb8980 hat geschrieben:
That said - there is no plan to let Enderal simply die; it is just that for next few months there is literally nobody who can add content (something nobody wanted, but if 4 of your 6 Quest Designers leave the project halfway in and the same is true for most of your level Designers, there is not much one can do :-( )
How about bug fixes and such? After the two main designers are occupied, is there anyone left to fix bugs in, for example, the EV?
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 138 Mal

Aesir hat geschrieben:
Thank you, otherwise I would have done so myself. :thumbsup:
Eolath hat geschrieben:
How about bug fixes and such? After the two main designers are occupied, is there anyone left to fix bugs in, for example, the EV?
The EV is the German version and vice versa - any fixed bug in the DV is also fixed in the EV and any bug appearing in the EV also appears in the DV. As for translation errors and/or untranslated things; these are my responsibility (mostly) and I can usually fix them myself. There are some small differences between the EV and DV (the posters e. g.) but if there is any problem with those they should be small ones and easy to fix.

That said - Johannes doesn't outright disappear from bugfixing, patches will just come less frequently. :wink:
Eolath
Paladin
Paladin

Okay, thanks for alleviating my concerns :)

I haven't ran into too many bugs in the DE version yet, except for some crashes, but some dude on Reddit said he ran into 200+ crashes throughout a 30-40 hrs playthrough, so I figured there would be plenty more to fix.
Aesir
Schurke
Schurke

11 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2