Will The German Release contain English written Translation

Moderator: Moderatoren

15 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 20 Mal

coopermon hat geschrieben:
Sorry but I'm finding this thread a little confusing.
Am I right in thinking that the German version will release with English subtitles?
No you aren't.
coopermon
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Doh!
Eolath
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 5 Mal

There were plans initially to release a separate version w/ EN sub and DE audio, but those plans went right out of the window because the EN voice acting was proceeding so smoothly. Now there'll be only two versions, EN and DE.

So you're right to be confused in that regard.
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

We're not certain yet if there will only be two versions. Technically speaking, creating an English sub only version is a piece of cake - all that needs to be done is exchange the English voices.bsa with the German one. I can't make any promises as I am not responsible for the installer and the launcher (Kudos to Dennis/Hoxyd for that!), but considering that so many people asked for an English sub version, we may very well offer it as well - though not alongside the German release. We'll see! :)
Guar Kamole
Schurke
Schurke
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

According to Caleb8980 (» 02.08.2016 12:43 http://forum.sureai.net/viewtopic.php?f ... 3&start=35) creating the subbed version has apparently turned out to be weeks of work because the German voice acting and the subs do not work together nicely. Making an additional installer would currently be impossible as well.
It seems like only a small fraction of the fans who were expecting a subbed version are aware that it probably isn't coming. Someone should make an official statement (somewhere where people actually see it) because almost everywhere someone asks if a version with German audio and English subs is coming, a users tells them such a version will be included in the English release.
15 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2