Will The German Release contain English written Translation

Moderator: Moderatoren

15 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
SaintSC
Bettler
Bettler

When the German version of the game releases on July 1-3 will it have included the English written translation already in place or does that ship when the English voice acting version is released a couple weeks later? I personally think I would prefer German voice acting with English subtitles. I really liked it in Nehrim.
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

Hey man, this question was stated a few times to the devs and they are not sure. Their last report I believe they said that the English written translation was well on its way but still not 100 percent completed. If they did not encounter problems I'd say its nearly finished now. If not I expect it to be released within a few weeks after the first release of Enderal.
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

Hey there,
The English translation is already done, and has been for a couple of months now - right now our main focus is on playtesting the English version and getting all of the English recordings cut and implemented. :)
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

Nicolas Samuel hat geschrieben:
Hey there,
The English translation is already done, and has been for a couple of months now - right now our main focus is on playtesting the English version and getting all of the English recordings cut and implemented. :)
Awesome so that means we get to play the english at release.
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

That's unlikely, but it won't be a long time in-between. :)
Eolath
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 5 Mal

Hmm, if I understand correctly plans for a separate English subtitled German release are out of the window? I believe that was the original plan, but I guess plans are bound to change.
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 138 Mal

Not at all, actually that is very easy to do in Skyrim. Even something every player can do him- or herself. Once Enderal in English goes live I (or Nico) will explain how that works.

There is just one thing to keep in mind: Enderal's english version has some rewritten parts in the dialogue. I am currently playing the german version with english texts for playtesting (as the english synchro isn't finished yet) and as somebody who understands German there are parts in which you can see that the subtitles are saying something entirely else than the voice-over does (though the message and meaning mostly stay the same).

If you can look past that there is no problem, if not I recommend you to play with the full EV.
mindw0rk
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

Pleeeeease let us play with german voice overs and english subtitles at release. Waiting even a week when game is released will be torture
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 20 Mal

mindw0rk hat geschrieben:
Pleeeeease let us play with german voice overs and english subtitles at release. Waiting even a week when game is released will be torture
I will start playing the game the moment it gets released, not matter what languages it will have at launch. If it will not have english subs I will just go around exploring, doing dungeons and stuff, then when the english subs are out I will start a new game and keep going on that.

Really, not having english subs on launch is not a problem, it's an open world game, we can just go exploring while waiting. Nehrim was really dense, it had lots on dungeons just in the starting area.
coopermon
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Sorry but I'm finding this thread a little confusing.
Am I right in thinking that the German version will release with English subtitles?
15 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2