Question about Alchemy and Food

Moderator: Moderatoren

3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
JorgasElite
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

If it isn't too much to ask, I was wondering how Alchemy and Food will work in Enderal. Will the alchemy system be in depth, with many ingredients and different kinds of potions? Also, will food/drinks be required to survive, like eat and drink every so often?
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 138 Mal

Well there are several new climate zones in Enderal, that alone means many new ingredients + new potions ;-)

The alchemy system at its base won't be changed from Skyrim's apart from balancing things better.

Though there are several changes to potions:

1. Potion you've made yourself aren't worth much (this is to prevent getting rich very easily)

2. potions now take effect over time instead of instantly (that means for example that a health potions in Enderal doesn't immediately recover 50 points of health but e. g. 5 points of health every second for 10 seconds) - as these effects don't stack it prevents potions from being OP at its root.

3. taking (health) potions will raise a so-called "arcanic fever" (free translation as the english name still isn't known) - this fever kills you after some time and it gets worse the more potions you take - this system is SureAI's solution against potion spamming. Not much is known about how the fever affects gameplay, apart from that you can die from it - but there seems to be several stages with gradually stronger negativ effects of the fever although that is unconfirmed as of now.

As for the food I'll quote myself from my Q&A :D :
3.12 Realism (like what Frostfall adds to Skyrim)

There won't be Frostfall or Realistic Needs in Enderal as the game should be challenging but not too hard, but you will still need to drink and eat or sleep from time to time. Reason being that without doing those the regeneration of mana and health is stopped which especially in the beginning or bigger dungeons is deadly. To compensate for that food and drinks will have more positive effects than in Skyrim and just like in Frostfall you can take a small camp with you everywhere.
So you won't need to eat for surviving hunger but to survive fights ;-)

They won't do a fully hardcore system for several reasons; one is stated above another would be that Enderal should be playable for all people, not just the people who like survival mechanisms.
JorgasElite
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Sounds great, thanks for replying! I played through Nehrim, the recovery through time effect works much better than instant effect. As of the Arcanic Fever, that'll stop you from spamming the potions anyways. I can't wait to play Enderal, everyday it looks better and better!
3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1