Will there be multiplayer?

Moderator: Moderatoren

19 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
CWB
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Howdy In new here, and didnt find too much searching the forums on this so my apologies in advanced if this has been discussed elsewhere. But will this mod have any form of COOP or multiplayer at all? SInce a skyrim mod with a working mutiplayer/coop would be basically more amazing then all other mods combined, I have to ask if there are plans to implement it at some point?? There was some attempts by a few modders if I remember right few years ago and they had made some progress to where others could actually join your game but it was very basic at the time and wasnt fully working. So it certainly is possible, and even though your mod already looks like it will be excellent, the addition of multiplayer/COOP would make it incredible.
greenlight
Eliath
Eliath
Danksagung erhalten: 57 Mal

No, Enderal is a singleplayer game. At least I haven't heard of any plans for multiplayer :P

I assume that a multiplayer mod would be very difficult to code, unstable, cause a million bugs and break once Skyrim gets updated. The problem is that the whole engine is not built to be a multiplayer compatible, it lacks the entire network code, so you'd need to be a genius of a coder to reverse-engineer the game engine, write a real-time memory manipulation programm that connects to your self coded network/server software that runs on your own server.
CWB
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

greenlight hat geschrieben:
No, Enderal is a singleplayer game. At least I haven't heard of any plans for multiplayer :P

I assume that a multiplayer mod would be very difficult to code, unstable, cause a million bugs and break once Skyrim gets updated. The problem is that the whole engine is not built to be a multiplayer compatible, it lacks the entire network code, so you'd need to be a genius of a coder to reverse-engineer the game engine, write a real-time memory manipulation program that connects to your self coded network/server software that runs on your own server.

Well as I mentioned there were a few modders that had already made some multiplayer mods for Skyrim and I think Oblivion too. But I did not keep up with the progress of the mods. The last I knew about the Skyrim one, is they had made enough progress where people would actually be able to join a Skyrim game and run around in game together, but the run animation wasnt quite working. So its very possible to do if a few modders can do it years ago it should be able to be done again. This mod sounds like a very good mod, but it would be 10x better then all other mods if they could implement multi to it.
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 138 Mal

CWB hat geschrieben:

Well as I mentioned there were a few modders that had already made some multiplayer mods for Skyrim and I think Oblivion too. But I did not keep up with the progress of the mods. The last I knew about the Skyrim one, is they had made enough progress where people would actually be able to join a Skyrim game and run around in game together, but the run animation wasnt quite working. So its very possible to do if a few modders can do it years ago it should be able to be done again. This mod sounds like a very good mod, but it would be 10x better then all other mods if they could implement multi to it.
Skyrim Online (I presume that is the mod you mean) is still in its Alpha version after years of development and it still has huge issues like completely missing animations.

Including network code into a single player game isn't something you do along the way :D Both Multi Theft Auto and Just Cause 2 Multiplayer took years of dedicated modding to work as intended - nowadays even game studios who have access to the the source code and the engine often leave the development of a multiplayer/coop part of their game to other studios or at least specific parts of their studio which only work on implementing that multiplayer ^^

Not to speak about the balance which would be a nightmare in a RPG - either you balance the game for Singeplayer, then it becomes ridiculous easy in Coop or for multiplayer, then it is nearly unbeatable in SP ;-)

This topic leads btw to sth I see more and more - what some ppl want from Enderal is unbelievable XD
They want a mod, done by a team of around 13 people to include all of their favorite mods from Skyrim, like better killmoves, generally more interactive combat+animations, only new weapons and armours and so on and so on.

Some modders take months till years to do just one of these mods and they didn't have to do anything else (no new world, new story, new NPCs and so on).
That is just impossible!
I think it is nice that so many people place so much trust in the team of SureAI but pls activate your brain and think about the circumstances, before asking the impossible ;-)
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

pls activate your brain and think about the circumstances, before asking the impossible
AMEN! Well Said!
CWB
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

[quote="Caleb8980"][quote="CWB"]

"pls activate your brain and think about the circumstances, before asking the impossible ;-)"

So because I asked about multiplayer Im not using my brain? You sound like an a$$, and as I mentioned its NOT impossible at all but might be more work then they want to tackle. If they dont add it, thats ok too the mod still sounds amazing. But no need to be an a$$ though and accuse people of 'not using their brains" just because they ask a simple question that actually could be possible.
CWB
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

badgesareus hat geschrieben:
pls activate your brain and think about the circumstances, before asking the impossible
AMEN! Well Said!

So you are an a$$ like Caleb then too?
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 138 Mal

CWB hat geschrieben:
Caleb8980 hat geschrieben:
CWB hat geschrieben:

"pls activate your brain and think about the circumstances, before asking the impossible ;-)"

So because I asked about multiplayer Im not using my brain? You sound like an a$$, and as I mentioned its NOT impossible at all but might be more work then they want to tackle. If they dont add it, thats ok too the mod still sounds amazing. But no need to be an a$$ though and accuse people of 'not using their brains" just because they ask a simple question that actually could be possible.
It is really easy to get hung up at a certain part without viewing the whole picture: All I said in the last 2 paragraphs are generalizations - not specific insults against you.

I just pointed out how hard it is to do a multiplayer in years of work while only concentrating on that - how do you think SureAI could handle that while making basically a new game?

I didn't want to make you the bogeyman, but just to point out a problem I see more and more the more popular Enderal gets; that it hit your thread was unfortunate and I'm sorry for that (and for insulting you) but that needed to be said at some time - or Enderal will break under its hype and popularity.
CWB
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

This is for Caleeb8980, I guess I have too many quotes already to reply directly with a quote hehe.
Apology accepted, just understand multiplayer IS possible and can be made to work and already has. I was actually in a game a while back, in Skyrim, with multiple online players running around with me....it was freekin' cool. It was very basic, but it did work, and that was years ago who knows if the mod has advanced since. There are already plenty of full conversion mods out there for Skyrim and Oblivion both. But if they some how were to add multi-player to this mod, it certainly wouldnt "break under its hype and popularity"....it would be the most amazing, stand out mod in elder scrolls history and could easily back up any well deserved hype it might earn if they get mutli working in it.

Ive said it before, either way this sounds like a great mod. BUT....it could be an INCREDIBLE mod with multi-player, not just another great full conversion. I think SureAI could easily make it happen if one or two little modders years ago got the basics working. Im looking forward to playing the mod with or without multi.

If you want you can do a search for Skyrim Online. I just checked the site and although it seems like lots of progress have been made since I last knew, Im not sure how active it still is. I did find a forum post with a twitch link and that post was dated 2014.
FridgeBOB
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

I made an account on this server for exactly one reason: To beg you to work in co op. Please, be the hero GothamSkyrim deserves. You would be doing a favor to the staggering number of gamer couples who long to be able to traverse the wilds keeping each other company, facing the good, bad, and ugly together! Please at least consider it, oh mighty devs, for it would bring as much joy as your soon-to-be lauded mod.

Please try. Please?
19 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2