My few wishes for Enderal

Moderator: Moderatoren

2 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
mindw0rk
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

After playing Nehrim here are few things I want to see improved in Enderal. Maybe there still is time to implement some of it.

1. More stuff happening outside cities. In Nehrim you occasionally see travelling merchants on roads. But thats pretty much it if you dont count hostile wildlife. I want to see interestings random encounters, fun scripted events, meeting NPCs from towns doing something (like hunting). So it was fun to explore, you knew any time something cool could happen and world felt full of life.

2. MCM options to tweak different aspects of gameplay to your liking. For example making drinking/eating/sleeping requirements and debuffs more hardcore. Changing % chance of valuable loot. Timescale. And other stuff.

3. Varied dialogue options for all NPCs, even if they arent important. Dialogues variety was non existant in Nehrim. 2-3 common phrases Ive heard EVERYWHERE. I hope in Enderal it will be improved drastically.

4. Top tier crafted items requiring reagents from bosses, ultra rare plants from the wilds along with tons of common resources. I want to have some crafting projects that are very long and challenging to complete. But worth it in the end.
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 138 Mal

mindw0rk hat geschrieben:
After playing Nehrim here are few things I want to see improved in Enderal. Maybe there still is time to implement some of it.

1. More stuff happening outside cities. In Nehrim you occasionally see travelling merchants on roads. But thats pretty much it if you dont count hostile wildlife. I want to see interestings random encounters, fun scripted events, meeting NPCs from towns doing something (like hunting). So it was fun to explore, you knew any time something cool could happen and world felt full of life.

2. MCM options to tweak different aspects of gameplay to your liking. For example making drinking/eating/sleeping requirements and debuffs more hardcore. Changing % chance of valuable loot. Timescale. And other stuff.

3. Varied dialogue options for all NPCs, even if they arent important. Dialogues variety was non existant in Nehrim. 2-3 common phrases Ive heard EVERYWHERE. I hope in Enderal it will be improved drastically.

4. Top tier crafted items requiring reagents from bosses, ultra rare plants from the wilds along with tons of common resources. I want to have some crafting projects that are very long and challenging to complete. But worth it in the end.

1. Meeting NPCs from cities outside is imo a bit tricky. You would have to either set those NPCs as essential the moment they leave the town or make them essential from the very beginning ;-) Otherwise the wildlife will thin the population drastically xD

As for random encounters, yeah that is sth I hope we will see in Enderal, too, to make the world a bit more "alive".

2. I guess tweaking could be possible for the survival elements ;-) But valuable loot is impossible to scale if the system works in any way like Nehrim. After all the most valuable things were often just lying around or dropped by "minibosses" at the end of the dungeon; you could change the value of the respawning chests and other containers but that's it.

Timescaling - well if the system is anything like Oblivion then it is rather unlikely for that to be implemented.
I once was a beta tester for an Oblivion mod, which tried to synchronize the real world time with the Oblivion time. That meant that if it was dark outside then it would be dark in Oblivion and one real time minute equals one ingame minute. This also meant that things like sleeping or waiting had to be changed as well as fast travel.
But the main point is: there were many bugs like NPCs not doing what they were supposed to do at a certain time (cue: daily routine) and even the engine sometimes gave out errors.

If this system is solved any better in Skyrim then why not but if it is really similar then I can't see them implementing such a thing ^^

3. Well many of those dialogues in Nehrim came into being because of a shortage of time as half of the team wanted to release Nehrim no matter what while the other half wanted to change the release date. This was one of the points which were done worse than they wanted because of this internal dispute.

But from what I saw in some (only german :cry: ) gameplay vids from gaming magazine, which got a demo to test Enderal, it seems that this time around also the generic people seem to have way more conversation topics and in general more to say than in Nehrim. I guess SureAI already fulfilled that wish ^^

As for #4 that would be a nice-to-have for me in the development, meaning that if there is still time at the end of the polishing time then I would try to implement this. But even if they do not I can see them putting this into a content patch after the release of Enderal, which they will do as they have said in an interview ;-)
2 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1