Converting Physics mods from Skyrim to Enderal

Moderator: Moderatoren

4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 20 Mal

Hi guys,

since the last amazing trailer came out, a question bothered me.
I know we will be able to convert mods from Skyrim to Enderal, I know it because so it was with Nehrim: adding armors and weapons was easy enough, I did some myself.
But Skyrim has a lot more, like hairstyles with physics and skin texture replacements that makes the characters much better detailed. We will be able to convert this mods at day one? I'm talking about character creation mods, so it's something we should take care from day one Enderal is released. I'm not worried for skin and eyebrow textures, since I suppose you didn't change their address so the replacement should work for Enderal as it works for Skyrim, but what about hairstyles with physics? Will the physics ddl files give problems? Or are going to include them in Enderal yourself?
MrHappyFace
Gauner
Gauner
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

It will depend entirely on the mod. Some mods will not work at all. Some mods will work with almost no changes. Most mods could probably be made to work just with a few minor tweaks here and there.

The mod you are talking about, probably you would just have to rename things a little bit to ensure that it overrides the correct parts of the game.

For other mods, one may have to replace all of the Skyrim references with Enderal references. For example, if putting on a ring gives the player a vanilla fireball spell, then you may have to change it to give the player the standard Enderal fireball spell instead. In addition, the ring might be on the table in Farengar's office area, so you would have to remove that record, then put it somewhere in Enderal instead. (Note: this is a very simple example that could easily be recreated. More complex mods might be very difficult to convert without the source for their scripts... though papyrus is a pretty simple language, and if a decompiler doesn't exist I would be more than happy to put one together [for the express and sole purpose of converting mods for Enderal]).

Some major factors include how SureAI have named their resources in the CK, and also how they have handled keywords. If they've kept most things consistent with Skyrim where possible, then it will be much easier to port mods between games.
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

Hi there,

It should be possible to convert physics mods, most likely it will even be easier than weapon mods, since we got SKSE's permission to pack the latest version of it in our installer. So all there is to is copy the .dlls in the Skyrim folder, and add whatever the .esp adds to Skyrim to Enderal. :)

We have pretty transparent naming conventions, as you will see when Enderal is released. At least we hope so. :)
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 20 Mal

Good news, thanks for your answer!

Then I will play the game introduction as vanilla, then play it again after converting the mods and play the whole Enderal. :D
4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1