Shading for the plants?

Moderator: Moderatoren

5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
LearningMore
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

I'm not sure if this is just something that will be seen in these early previews or if there is some actual limitation causing this but I've noticed the trees and plants have very little shading and for me that's extremely jarring. Nehrim's forests did not have the lime green pixel glow I'm seeing in Enderal's forest zones that were shown in the demo. Am I the only one who sees this? Is it perhaps something you're working to change? I've not seen anyone mention this anywhere so I thought I'd poke my opinion in to find out why that is, seeing as Nehrim was one of my favourite games I ever played (Treomar, my lord that was something else) I would hope that it's successor was every bit as beautiful if not more so.

Apart from that I'm extremely excited for Enderal. I hope you can keep the level of detail as high as it was in Nehrim, and if time/resources permit more side quests would be amazing as well.
On a personal note I hope we get thrown deep underground again, I doubt I'll ever forget that moment of plummeting to the lava chambers and dwarven ruins.
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

Hi there,

We appreciate your concern! The lighting is something which we'll change and adjust a lot in the course of the development. There were little shadows in the teaser, but this has already been fixed, as will most of the new vegetation assets. ;)

Thanks for your good wishes! :)

All the best,

Nicolas
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

Haha I too hope we get thrown underground again. The dwarven ruin was easily the best dungeon in the game.
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

You WILL get thrown underground. ;)
LearningMore
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

I'm glad to hear that, amazing news for me =). Also the fact that we will get thrown under again is great. Something about being miles underground makes it feel just that much more epic and dangerous since you know you can't just quickly run or teleport back out to safety >=). Best of luck with what's left to be done on the project. Just remember not to bend your vision too much (or at all) based on what we say, us forum goers are very good at requesting and complaining XD. I'm looking forward to seeing more trailers and screens.
5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1