A few questions and suggestions.

Moderator: Moderatoren

15 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

I don't think commercial games like the Witcher for instance will impact the opinion of Enderal. Most people who played Nehrim and probably the player base of Enderal too are not part of your average mainstream gamer. Most of want to play something special and I think that what you said can only be applied to mainstream gamers as they can not appreciate unique games (and probably will not lower expectations for a mod) that differentiate from popular games on the market.
Daniel
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 22 Mal

I don't think we need to worry, they think all things through before putting it in game and use articydraft to make complex quests etc so there's really no need to worry tbh. We just have to wait and see, and if there are any problems I'm sure they will get fixed in beta before public launch. :)
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

I don't think commercial games like the Witcher for instance will impact the opinion of Enderal. Most people who played Nehrim and probably the player base of Enderal too are not part of your average mainstream gamer. Most of want to play something special and I think that what you said can only be applied to mainstream gamers as they can not appreciate unique games (and probably will not lower expectations for a mod) that differentiate from popular games on the market.
SureAI, in the German interview with CC translation, has indicated at the end that one wish is that Enderal will be successful enough that it will attract investors so that they can become a commercial operation; to live the dream. If you view the interview of Projekt Red that was released earlier this February, you could conclude that they are already living that dream, developing Witcher 3 as a unique game for gamers, rather than what some high-level "suits" want in order to appeal to "average mainstream" gamers (whatever that is) or to meet some deadline. Projekt Red naturally wants Witcher 3 to be a commercial success, but I don't think they are any more likely than SureAI to sacrifice uniqueness to satisfy "average mainstream" gamers. So I think it likely that there will be comparisons between the two games. But hey, I'm already 66, so I just hope I'll be around long enough to play both of them! :mrgreen:
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

66?! Woah, I did not expect someone that old. You're as old as someone who fought in the vietnam war. It's hard for me to imagine.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

Exactly, and there were no "reset" buttons and no magic health potions, but plenty of bugs! So I've been playing PC video games since the Commodore 64. (why isn't there a smilie with a long gray beard?)Bild
15 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2