The game map

Moderator: Moderatoren

8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

Perhaps it's still a bit too early to ask but are you planning on using Skyrim's 3D map for your game world or you going to use the traditional method with a classical paper-like map like in Oblivion and Nehrim. I really disliked Skyrim's as it wasn't immersive at all not to mention useless. You couldn't see any of the roads and the clouds were obstructing the way. It also felt really gimmicky instead of functional.
snoozy
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I agree with OP about the 3D map, I think a paper map would be neat! I'm so excited! I'm washing you guys are almost done with this game but I'm fooling myself xD
Crosshair
Ordenskrieger
Ordenskrieger

There are no definite decisions about that yet.
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier

Yes you are right. Now If I think of it, it is probably too early at this time to ask about features.I think it is best to wait for a half a year as the game is barely formed.
Daniel
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 22 Mal

Hazzmat hat geschrieben:
Yes you are right. Now If I think of it, it is probably too early at this time to ask about features.I think it is best to wait for a half a year as the game is barely formed.
Indeed. I'm eager to see what they come up with though. Too bad time couldn't go any faster. :(
rtf54
Krieger
Krieger
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

Shouldn't we make a compromise? Make the map in 3d, but instead of having 3d world, it'd be a flat paper map lying on a wooden table or other 3d environment. :P
iZsoul
Schurke
Schurke

In my opinion , the developers should stick to the original idea ( flat paper map )
1. Because there are many negative responses at how Skyrim handles it
2. Because the mods , oh excuse me these AMAZING GAMES , are like a completely new RPG series , and in my opinion they should stick to the original idea.

If it will be any help , here's what I found:
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10044

And for another think which makes me very nervous , how large in comparison to Skyrim Enderal will be ?
In my opinion if it's around the size of Skyrim it will be a little disappointing for me , as I saw how large Nehrim was , any solid answers on that ?
greenlight
Eliath
Eliath
Danksagung erhalten: 57 Mal

iZsoul hat geschrieben:
And for another think which makes me very nervous , how large in comparison to Skyrim Enderal will be ?
In my opinion if it's around the size of Skyrim it will be a little disappointing for me , as I saw how large Nehrim was , any solid answers on that ?
I think that Nehrim isn't much bigger than Skyrim - the same goes for Oblivion (which had approximately the same size as Nehrim). Nehrim felt bigger mostly because of the lack of a fast-travel system. Especially in the beginning you had to walk everywhere manually - in Skyrim you can travel to every discovered location within a few seconds. SureAI stated somwhere that Enderal will be a little smaller than Nehrim (and thus smaller than Skyrim), but with much more content and many natural barriers to make the world appear larger.
8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1