What would you consider important for Enderal?

Moderator: Moderatoren

115 Beiträge Seite 4 von 12
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

Just crossed my mind: you should totally put some kind of arena in the game. It would be a welcome feature in Enderal as it was not present in Skyrim. The bounty quests should also return I really liked the concept, a quick and fun quest to earn some gold and possibly more.
Starac
Schurke
Schurke
Danksagung erhalten: 8 Mal

Big empty map doesn't make sense. Smaller map with interesting story, quests and good RPG elements is the way to go. Look at New Vegas.

Also unique atmosphere is very important, aka Stalker or Vampire The Bloodlines Masquerade.
Crosshair
Ordenskrieger
Ordenskrieger

Important request to EVERYONE

When you post a message here, please distinguish between your personal wishes and elementary things which you think are important for an exciting and immersive gameplay, independently from personal favors; do only post stuff that would, in your opinion, benefit the gaming experience of every player.
This is not the place to leave a proposal to implement any stuff which would adapt the game more to your very own wishes. A topic for special wishes will be created soon, please do not hesitate to leave proposals matching your own taste there. Thank you.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

Surprise me! I want to stumble upon the unexpected. That was what I really enjoyed about Nehrim, I was often surprised. A good example was the Underground journey to the Star People, every time I thought I must be near the end, it changed and continued. Or something as simple as prowling in Gervasius's basement and finding a nautilus, or the serving tray that was also a magic shield! Maybe I click on a bed to sleep, and a spider crawls out.

Please don't reuse dungeon plans. I liked Nehrim because it had many hand-crafted, different dungeons. However, there were a few where the same dungeon was cloned, such as the lava caves which was used 2 or 3 times; I knew already where to go.

Reward long, challenging side quests with something really good that I will want to keep, not just another piece of loot to sell. And it is fun to have to interact with things I find, not just look at the value and stats. For example, in Skyrim when you have go to the inventory to turn and examine each "claw" to see the code on it. To become immersed with armor, weapons, etc., maybe I have to examine (in the inventory) the hilt of a dagger to see the "Zarg" hallmark, thus I learn that it has a soul-trap ability.
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier

Crosshair hat geschrieben:
Important:

When you post a message here, please distinguish between your personal wishes and elementary things which you think are important for an exciting and immersive gameplay, independently from personal favors; do only post stuff that would, in your opinion, benefit the gaming experience of every player.
This is not the place to leave a proposal to implement any stuff which would adapt the game more to your very own wishes. A topic for special wishes will be created soon, please do not hesitate to leave proposals matching your own taste there. Thank you.
I'm sorry but I fail how to see that my message was a personal wish. The Arena and the bounty quests were present in Nehrim so what's wrong with what I'm saying? I do believe these are important for an exciting and immersive gameplay as it is kind of breather from for instance the main quest. Exciting: fun things to do outside the main quest, immersive: make you believe the world is real and people are having trouble bandits etc
Crosshair
Ordenskrieger
Ordenskrieger

Hazzmat hat geschrieben:
Crosshair hat geschrieben:
Important:

I'm sorry but I fail how to see that my message was a personal wish. The Arena and the bounty quests were present in Nehrim so what's wrong with what I'm saying? I do believe these are important for an exciting and immersive gameplay as it is kind of breather from for instance the main quest. Exciting: fun things to do outside the main quest, immersive: make you believe the world is real and people are having trouble bandits etc

That message did not affect you or your posts. It is only meant as a request to any user here; my apologies if my message was that unclear.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter

I was also rather confused by the distinction between personal wishes and elementary things. As an "end user" of the mod, everything I wish for is important -- to me. Perhaps you could give some examples of personal wishes and elementary things to better understand the difference. I've never been a game developer, so I need to walk a mile in your shoes (I don't know if you have that same expression in German!).
Crosshair
Ordenskrieger
Ordenskrieger

Okay, I'll try to explain that better. Let's say, some user posts a messsage here which says that he would like to see something like a spell that makes your character turn into a carrot, just because he wants such content for himself and not primarily as a benefit to every player's playing experience.
I am trying to avoid something like that, by the simple reason that it is really obvious that the majority would dislike it. So, with personal wishes I mean that very special (crazy) stuff that the majority obviously maybe won't like, things that you actually only want for yourself, completely regardless to other gamers.

Please note also that my message was NOT a rection to one special post. I just want to keep this thread in the right direction.

Edit: changed the part "would likely not dislike it" to "would dislike it."
Josephus
Schurke
Schurke
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

First off: A spell which turns you into a carrot could be hilarious, maybe in a sidequest where you have to slay a gigantic rabbit. :wink: SureAI has already proven they can create a very serious, atmospheric main plot; while convenently surprise with funny parts, as
[+]
in a sidequest where you'd have to save one man's pig; the king of the star people; the star man who was trapped for hundred of years

I consider two things important for Enderal (on the technical side):

1.) It should be a PC-game. This sounds trivial at first, but Skyrim suffered immensely under it's console origin. Although Oblivions user interface was unconvenient for the same reason (still much better than Skyrim's) the rest of the game felt good on PC (Of course battle was boring, but that is generelly a TES-problem). Skyrim however constantly produces the feeling it wants to be played on a xbox360-controller. The most obvious things in this direction is every existing interface in Skyrim and two-handed battle; but it is also about many tiny things, I often even could'nt name, which cause an "inheimish" feeling.
2.) It should outplay Skyrim technically. Yeah, i know, somebody will accuse me a graphic whore; but that is not what I mean. A bad game that looks good is still bad, but a good game that looks bad is frustrating, because it is wasting potential. And Enderal will most likely be amazing with regards to content.
High-Res-Textures are maybe the number one on the list of necessary improvements (Besides the "cost/result"-ratio is very good here), furthermore are the new light- and shadoweffects of Skyrim ridiculous for 2011. Especially annoying are the hard and pixelated shadows. The Level-of-Detail is also atrocious.

There seem to be already (more or less) solutions for a few upper points, will you implement them?
Main Menu ---> SkyUI
Are the other menues even changeable?
Textures ---> different texturepacks. Probably you would do many yourself.
Light/Shadow ---> ENB-Series. Most users overdo it, but capable hands could create wonderful things. (Of course it is still in development, so implementing it not until next year or so could help stability)
LOD ---> I don't know how to fix that, but apparently you did? (The Enderal Screenshot with the far draw distance)

On question at last: The XP-sytem of Nehrim is already confirmed. Will the world again be subdivided into places of different levels (for instance "level 7-14")?
Zuletzt geändert von Josephus am 21.06.2012 22:30, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter

If possible, I would like to play Enderal directly from my computer without having to use Steam, as I must for Skyrim.
115 Beiträge Seite 4 von 12