What would you consider important for Enderal?

Moderator: Moderatoren

115 Beiträge Seite 10 von 12
rreGit
Krieger
Krieger

Ickairiel hat geschrieben:
@iZsoul: Hint: Just don't use it. Or someone can convert a mod over that removes/disables fast travel. Either or. Some people, or a lot of people, want and or like Fast Travel due to the time saver that it provides.

Anyways, what I think would be something important for Enderal, Major Cities need to feel Major, yet at the same time, they all need to be done in their own way. For instance, look at Ostian and Erothin in Nehrim, the two cities are both the capitals of their Realm, yet the two are vastly different. This would be something that I'd for a fact appreciate to see done. And I'd hope that I'm not alone in that.

Another thing would be Shops, I think that not having them leveled but instead that you have to do a certain quest to get the Shop's Best stuff(Major Cities will have better gear than a random Sidewalk Smith) that helps the Shop or Shop Owner in question.
In Nehrim, there was no possibility of fast travelling, except teleport and runes. Hopefully the developers may go that way again.

Strongly differing cities would be awesome, but, as far as I didn´t play Skyrim yet, I don´t know the possibilities of creating other styles of architecture with the Skyrim-tools.

In that last point of shops, I basically agree with you, too. But how is it about a master-smith at an older age, enjoying his last few years far away of the trouble of a town? He maybe could sell his best pieces...after a quest of course ;).
Ickairiel
Schurke
Schurke

Well, yeah, but a lot of people like Fast Travel in TES to my knowledge. Me, I'm not one way or the other. Although, the smaller landmass would probably make me lean closer to no Fast Travel, I just don't really care much.

As for the Cities, I'm not certain as to the difficulty of making large variation to them myself, but they do have 3D Modelers working, who should have a better idea on that.

And, Master-Smith thing's plausible. Just saying that usually, a Smith in a Major City would be better off than a small town Smith.

@Below: No, not really, but I didn't think that it would bother anyone. Tried picking one that wouldn't.
Zuletzt geändert von Ickairiel am 26.08.2012 23:43, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

Is that blue font really necessary?
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

Hey, c'mon, I like the blue font, it really makes the quote stand out from the opinion. In fact, some of the English subtitles in Nehrim were hard to read, maybe a blue font would have been better for them. :wink:
IcyFizzy
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

I'm currently playing Nehrim and I'm loving it :D I just made it to the very beginning of chapter 2 then after realizing my character is greatly underpowered and underequipped started a new character and decided to go with a Half-Aeterna this time. I was kind of hoping that since my character is half Aeterna that the people I meet would at the very least make some rude comments on my characters race (since they constantly go on about the Aeterna being vermin) but was a little disappointed in that. I personally think that for Enderal something that would be pretty cool would be if you could play as a full breed Aeterna, or a half breed, and face racism towards your character. It would make it a little more difficult but I think it would make the experience just a little more interesting to have sort of a shunned hero. It would also make the choice of race feel like it matters a little more because so far in Nehrim it seems like merely a cosmetic choice. More variety in the generic dialogue would also be nice since I quickly learned that very few of the random characters had anything important to say and after awhile it gets to the point that you can guess what their line will be xD
ChrissyP
Bettler
Bettler

I'd like to see a range of things that really give it a new sense of realism, here's a few ideas

- Bustling open-air markets (just like German markets!) open maybe once or twice per week (other days simply empty stalls) where you could buy cut price goods, but of dubious nature, perhaps unmarked stolen goods, maybe of lower quality than the merchant likes you to believe
- Busier cities, people going places and doing things, expansive market districts similar to that of the Imperial City from Oblivion but with more traders selling equipment and commodities of the same nature competing for business.
- Hidden treasures - not in the literal sense. I'd like to go and find in a quiet town or village a retired master in some school of magic or profession who in exchange for some form of service menial or otherwise will be able to teach/sell me some exceptionally powerful (but not overpowered) spell or part with a family heirloom that could be an enchanted sword, or necklace for instance. Or to find a master craftsman out in the forests on his exploration for appropriate wood to fletch a fine bow with, who in exchange for something will craft me a bow.
- High quality English VAs, I'm sure within the community you could find suitable voices and people more than willing to lend their voice with desktop mic's, myself included.
RPGFanatic
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Skyrim is such a disaster of a console port. Sure AI has its work cut out for them! Nehrim is like the best RPG I ever played so I have high hopes for Enderal, though it will be a loooong wait.

*I hope the voice acting is as good in Enderal as it is in Nehrim even though its in a language I don't speak. Skyrim's VA is garbage.
*Nehrim's NPCs had absolutely nothing to say unless they were quest related, something I hope changes in Enderal. Collecting info from NPCs is a big part of RPGs. Nehrims quests, dungeons and environment made up for the lack of dialogue though.
*Skyrim's combat is a complete mess and needs to be totally revamped. Made it more dynamic and less clunky. Make it more challenging and not just a matter of waiting for the enemy to hit your shield before attacking.
*The side quests and guild quests in Skyrim were boring! Make the quests in Enderal more engaging and diverse.
*If the world size is as big as Nehrim's or Skyrim's (same size) I'll be happy. But bigger is always better. Just as long as they don't scale back and make it smaller :shock:
*The perk system of Skyrim was a horrible idea that was terribly implemented. The game would've been better without it. If perks will be i Enderal, I hope that they are more interesting than just stat boosters which ruin the gameplay by removing all subtly from the game.
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

Enderal will be smaller than Skyrim and Nehrim
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

Hi RPG-Fanatic!

The total landmass of Enderal will be a little bit smaller than Nehrim, though it hopefully feel like that. On the other hand, it will be packed with life and a lot of interesting things to explore. :)
Hopefully we'll even be able to provide English VA - At least thats what we're aiming for this time. We can't make any promises, though - If it turns out that we can only create a amateurish English VA, we'll probably leave it out instead. The perk system will be completely revamped - More informations on that will be released in the following months... :)

Thanks for your suggestions!

Latiro
Zuletzt geändert von Nicolas Samuel am 28.09.2012 15:06, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
RPGFanatic
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I say excel in areas that Nehrim didn't do as well as it could have. This includes:

Performance: Nehrim suffers from framerate issues, I hope Enderal will be better in this regards.

Economy: Money wasn't much of value in Nehrim other than buying runes, spells, and coal. Everything else merchants sold either was junk or could be found in great abundance. I hope money has more uses in Enderal like in many other RPGs.

Bugs: Nehrim still has some bugs after the last patch. None of them are game breaking but still rather annoying.

Combat: Oblivion's combat is the best in the Elder scrolls series (Skyrim's was a big appointment), but still was rather simplistic. I wish Nehrim would've expanded on Oblivion's combat more. I hope Enderal will have combat that is both challenging and true to the RPG genre, Skyrim's was not.

Enchanting: Enchanting in Nehrim is only mildly useful in the beginning of the game. After that its practically of no use at all. It would be neat if Enderal has an enchanting system that is both useful and fun, but at the same time not overpowered.
115 Beiträge Seite 10 von 12