What would you consider important for Enderal?

Moderator: Moderatoren

115 Beiträge Seite 11 von 12
Entainel
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/24745 <- wow, somebody did my idea in skyrim... I didn't get a single credit for that : O : <
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

I'm sorry for you. :mrgreen:
Great idea, though!
ieatsoap86
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Wow, just from the 12 hours i've spent in Nehrim I wouldn't know where to chime in. Seem's like the team has a pretty good grasp at making good games better and more playable. Just a few thoughts and i'm sorry if these have already been mentioned.

Overland Bosses Just roaming the countryside when one of these bad boys sneaks up and picks a fight, would make exploration a little more dangerous and thought out.

Better boss AI Maybe have them employ tactics other than just being overloaded with HP. Dark Souls had some pretty damn rewarding boss fights, it'd be awesome to see something like that in a game like this.

Crafting, Alchemy, Professions Extensive crafting and alchemy with the necessary reagents being scarce or costly especially on high end stuff.

Dynamic Questing Maybe the wrong way to put this, but the option to rogue and just kill people, even people quest related. Stealing from Skyrim, maybe the quest itself passes to someone else and there demeanor is a little more jaded based on your actions.

Just a few ideas, i'm sure these have been covered but what the hell.
mandos
Schurke
Schurke

A really quick flash idea :) : How about blacksmithing producing armor and items not obtainable any other way?
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

How about blacksmithing producing armor and items not obtainable any other way?
I would assume that since this was included in Nehrim it would also be included in Enderal.
CTF04
Bettler
Bettler

A little more differentiation between the playable races. In Nehrim Aeterna were said to have been very good at magic, but choosing a Half-Aeterna over a human was a purely cosmetic chioce.
Daniel
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 22 Mal

I hope there will be a bigger and more important implemention of crafting in Enderal, for in Nehrim, it was kind of a useless complement. The crafted weapons and other items were rarely used/had little use compared to other finds in the world. It was a nice thing "to have", but it could've been executed better, like cooking more things at the same time, creating and perfecting stronger weapons, enhancing them with help of RARELY found materials, etc. I see that as a big possibility as the crafting that is already in Skyrim is capable of doing this - by coding it so that the "better" version would require the previous version + X materials, the "problem" is solved in a good way. For increased "difficulty" or depth - you could make special shrines/places where certain objects can only be crafted, for example, in a paladin's shrine, only holy weapons can be crafted.. or in the place of evil worship, weapons imbued with dark magics could be created.

Something like that would be nice and not too difficult to add into the game. :)
CTF04
Bettler
Bettler

Speaking of crafting, in Skyrim when you craft the steel armor, you get to choose between a cuirass with or without shoulder pads and between a helmet with or without horns. Could this be extended to other pieces of armor?
Maybe different variations may also give you different bonuses, like a bulkier steel armor giving you a (small) bonus to defence or a "spikier" steel armour giving you a (small) bonus to damage.
Daniel
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 22 Mal

CTF04 hat geschrieben:
Speaking of crafting, in Skyrim when you craft the steel armor, you get to choose between a cuirass with or without shoulder pads and between a helmet with or without horns. Could this be extended to other pieces of armor?
Maybe different variations may also give you different bonuses, like a bulkier steel armor giving you a (small) bonus to defence or a "spikier" steel armour giving you a (small) bonus to damage.
Of course. It's just different item IDs and different models. They'd have to add on X on the normal armors, thus making a new mesh which could then be added. I just got a good idea - it could be cool to add to the "improving" function by instead of letting you create an armor that looks the same and is better, to improve an armor you would need X skill, X place's forge/crafting stand and X materials to create an armor which also has a new mesh (model/graphics/- looks different, with stuff added or changed) - this way it would be improved for real and not just "behind the scenes" OMG MY SWORD JUST GOT +50 DMG BUT LOOKS THE SAME! :twisted: like it is today..

I hope they still read this thread! :)
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

Let's not forget that the developers are doing this for free in their "spare" time. I hope they focus on a game that works well. I'd rather have them spend their time working out all the bugs than spend it adding bling-bling to armor. What next, an Enderal dentist that can make a diamond grill for teeth? Tattoo parlors? I think once Enderal is released, other modders can worry about making shoulder pads for the armor, etc.
115 Beiträge Seite 11 von 12