What would you consider important for Enderal?

Moderator: Moderatoren

115 Beiträge Seite 12 von 12
CTF04
Bettler
Bettler

Let's not forget that the developers are doing this for free in their "spare" time. I hope they focus on a game that works well. I'd rather have them spend their time working out all the bugs than spend it adding bling-bling to armor. What next, an Enderal dentist that can make a diamond grill for teeth? Tattoo parlors? I think once Enderal is released, other modders can worry about making shoulder pads for the armor, etc.
I know, I know.
I would prefer to play a game that has been thoroughly debugged too, rather than one that allows me to pimp out my armor but crashes every ten minutes. :D However, the idea of RPG that allowed your character to look really unique or that allowed you to modify your character (tattoo parlors, mhh? I was thinking more of barber shops, but... :mrgreen: ) has always attracted me, even if I know that such a game would be a pretty close approximation of Hell for any coder. :lol:
Daniel
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 22 Mal

badgesareus hat geschrieben:
Let's not forget that the developers are doing this for free in their "spare" time. I hope they focus on a game that works well. I'd rather have them spend their time working out all the bugs than spend it adding bling-bling to armor. What next, an Enderal dentist that can make a diamond grill for teeth? Tattoo parlors? I think once Enderal is released, other modders can worry about making shoulder pads for the armor, etc.
Well, of course, that's true. I doubt those things are done by the same people though - one guy doing armors is probably not the same doing landscaping and music for instance. Then they would be very, very skilled people and surely already work in the industry! :)
Vandriam
Gauner
Gauner
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Hello,
I have here few ideas which may be cool for Enderal :

slow motion
I think that add a random slow motion (and add few effects of blurred vision, or/and change placement camera to focus on the bloody action) of few seconds during the death of an ennemy, or specific skills would be very fun, and could make fights very epic.

Add attacks of zone and large scale battle
I don't know if there will be large scale battle (more than 40NPC) but i hope so, in this case, it could be wise to add various attacks of zone.

Add some effects on corpse due to damages they have taken, effects like burnt, dismembering, cuts, bleeds.

Make the environment partially desctrucible for example trees, bush can be on fire, traces of burned and combat persist a while.

Add a foot kick and a pushing ability heavy shields to destabilize, stun or push back ennemy, i mean not as violent as the shield charge.

Add long weapons like spears, halberds.

Add multiplayer dungeons ?

Make the Artificial Intelligence smart, especially about fighting in group, or running for help, or find you sneaking ;)

Make the player able to craft his own spells

About light and darkness, it would be very interesting to give tham an importance,
few kind of darkness ennemy may fear fire or light, so if the player don't have a torch with him, he may be strongly disavantaged, put ennemy on fire with torch may be also fun.

An other idea here, but it's more personnal, i don't like easy bosses, i love them technical, or with a specific strategy, i also like them big, i mean VERY big (and ugly) :D
microscope
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

There's a barber shop in The Secret World :)
Daniel
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 22 Mal

Commenting a bit on microscope's and Vandriam's ideas.. I doubt they will implement a barber shop to change your appearance since that feature was introduced in Dragonborn - however it's not very difficult to make. Then again, I think it won't be implemented unless it's facial hair only since you'll probably be "the hero" and heroes aren't known for changing appearance.. ever.

Blurred vision / depth of field will probably be in from launch and there's already skills in Skyrim that add slow motion so they will possibly appear in Enderal as well.

As for large scale battles - you have to remember that since Enderal will be built using the same engine as Skyrim has been, it will also have the same technical limitations, making "huge" battles very difficult - this also goes for destructible environment, multiplayer, AI improvements and kick abilities.

New weapons will be in game (99.99% sure about this), but using different mechanics as shown in e.g the skyrim game jam vid - I doubt.

Like with Nehrim, I believe that the team themselves have most of the things worked out and are being built/added in game gradually over development and if the players notice something in beta, they'll most likely fix it.
115 Beiträge Seite 12 von 12