What would you consider important for Enderal?

Moderator: Moderatoren

115 Beiträge Seite 3 von 12
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

It was quite simple actually....
The only things you need is a teleport stone and a teleport spell from your desired location which you can learn from the priest of said settlement. After that just activate the spell and voila
Xagul
Schattengott
Schattengott
Danksagung erhalten: 67 Mal

After all, fast travelling would be an option if you would add more realism to it, e.g.:
- travelling from a caravansary
- renting a horse or even a carriage
- travelling together with other people
Just clicking on the desired location is lame.
I liked the way it was solved with Drakensang. you had fast travelling, you could imagine what's going on and from time to time there were events on the road (a pack a wolves, a gang of robbers etc.)
And if you do not want to bother yourself with that, teleporting is a good compromise.
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier

I agree. Just clicking on a location is a really cheap option to get away. Skyrim had carriages but you didn't need them as fast travel was still in the game. Fast travel also breaks away the mystery of the game world as you can go anywhere whenever you want instead of exploring the game world gradually.
Another suggestion for the team: I really enjoyed the quest In the Underworld. It was a really special experience for me and probably for others players too. I felt like the main characters from The Fellowship of the Ring who were traveling for days long through Moria with no end in sight. All those abandoned quarters where the Dwarved used to live really made you desperate for combat because you were supposed to talk to them but all you see is ancient ruins, it was really surreal. Something similar should definitely be present in Project 5.
Topken
Krieger
Krieger
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Not sure if I mentioned this in my last post but I really like the way The Lost Spires added depth to Oblivion without making it a you have to save the world kinda thing. They had massive dungeons as well and they were nice. So if you could talk with them and maybe do some things together for Project 5 it would be a match made in heaven I would say.
Crosshair
Ordenskrieger
Ordenskrieger

Topken hat geschrieben:
They had massive dungeons as well and they were nice.
A huge dungeon is currently in progress.

btw. don't miss the expiration of the countdown on our homepage today!
snoozy
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Hazzmat hat geschrieben:
I agree. Just clicking on a location is a really cheap option to get away. Skyrim had carriages but you didn't need them as fast travel was still in the game. Fast travel also breaks away the mystery of the game world as you can go anywhere whenever you want instead of exploring the game world gradually.
Disabling Fast Travel is fine, but I feel it has nothing to do with exploring the game's world. You cannot break the mystery of the game world if the developers create caves and dungeons in the middle of nowhere, which they did, so you're even given a reason to go out and explore the mysterious world besides that it's a fantasy world unlike reality, which reminds me of my Morrowind days :p

Even with Fast Travel enabled, I explored every corner of the game which is how I found most Easter eggs before I knew they were Easter eggs.

Disabling fast Travel should be for those who want deep immersion, who want to ride a horse or carriage to travel city to city, but I never got used to riding horses, the controls are funny and for me as long as time passes when I fast travel, that doesn't break immersion.

Fast Travel is a clever mechanic used in games so people don't quit because of repetitive game-play. Who wants to stop to kill weak low level monsters and beasts over and over again? Crabs? No way unless they can level you up! I know walking along the roads in Nehrim are almost always safe, aside from scripted events so you'll be going along the road to avoid weak creatures that will annoy you ;) run run run run.

You can go with creating portal areas all over the world as in Nehrim, but they'll need no stones or magical spell. That would be easier for me. I'm talking about Divine Divinity. They did something interesting. The portal areas can't be used without a password, which is an ancient scroll you need to find for every race as each number of portals belong to a certain race, like the Human portals are enabled only with the human scroll, Elven Portals near them are enabled through getting the Elven scroll etc, etc. Btw, So that way only you're allowed to use them and say those portal area are ancient and forgotten, so you're the only one to take advantage of them. I loved that game, I'm replaying it right now. DD has so much story-telling and is quite a challenge too!

Also adding Portal stones like in DD would be really neat. I know you guys are better at making your own ideas, so just keep doing what you're doing!

Peace~
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

I don't object to the way that portal travel worked in Nehrim (to buy the teleport spell or find the rune for each portal). What bothered me is that there weren't more portal locations, especially to areas where I traveled often such as Treomar and Stonefield, and only one in all of Southrealm until the Seagate portal was added.
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

Well, you definitely got a point there - If the world is interesting enough, the players will explore it by themselves. Still, I think, alot of players miss out on a lot of content because they use fast travel on every occasion.
We will definitely include more portals. This is something a lot of players criticized and we will change that.
Xagul
Schattengott
Schattengott
Danksagung erhalten: 67 Mal

Thank you so much, Latiro! To me, that' the main problem of the young gamer generation today: They are afraid of "missing something in an area", they don't want to explore because it might be worth exploring. It's all about quests, points and eastereggs. Face it: Some games are not designed to farm quests, items, gold, achievements or whatsoever alone but have an emphasizing on game design and game play (that's what Oblivion/Nehrim/Skyim is after all: a role-play game).
Therefore, I think including some more portals is a good thing as long as it supports the storyline. The rest of the world should be left to be explored by the gamer.
snoozy
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Xagul hat geschrieben:
Thank you so much, Latiro! To me, that' the main problem of the young gamer generation today: They are afraid of "missing something in an area", they don't want to explore because it might be worth exploring. It's all about quests, points and eastereggs. Face it: Some games are not designed to farm quests, items, gold, achievements or whatsoever alone but have an emphasizing on game design and game play (that's what Oblivion/Nehrim/Skyim is after all: a role-play game).
Therefore, I think including some more portals is a good thing as long as it supports the storyline. The rest of the world should be left to be explored by the gamer.
That doesn't make sense, you said they don't want to explore because it's worth exploring? I think you messed up, I don't think people will ignore an area of interest. I understand you next part, though I think you're talking about the MMO crowd, so I've never played an MMO before. I agree about role-playing games and story that immerse you, though only Nehrim was able to capture me and take me in so deep lmao :) Not many games can do thatr anymore since developers try to add in the addiction aspect to keep players playing over and over again.
115 Beiträge Seite 3 von 12