What would you consider important for Enderal?

Moderator: Moderatoren

115 Beiträge Seite 2 von 12
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

No fake lighting please. So no random patches with light with no visible source anywhere! Much more immersive and realistic.
SakalCT
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Dear SureAI team,
greetings from the Czech Rep. First of all I must say I really appreciate your great work! In fact I enjoy playing Nehrim much more than Oblivion itself. And these words come from someone who is The Elder Scrolls maniac (I have finished ALL TES games including Arena and Daggerfall). So thanks again and here are my suggestions for your next project (btw is there any name for this project on horizon?)

1) MAKE IT HARD!
- modern RPGs are too easy and it's no challenge for players to beat them. But I mean not only combat (combat difficulty can be set anyway). I would really appreciate if the game makes player to THINK and SEARCH. This is what I really like in Arktwend (which I currently play btw). What I really hate in Skyrim are those map markers. You get a quest and all you need to do is just look at the map. But how can I know that the artifact I am looking for is in that specific location for a god sake?! Of course there is a mod which disables these markers but then player is just lost because there is no hint where to look. So some kind of clever "hint system" would be really nice.

2) SIDE QUESTS
- I like doing side quests but some of them are stupid and boring and some locations are over-quested. I mean - what is the point of quest where you must bring 10 of this or 20 of that and all you get for doing this is some good-for-nothing item which you can buy anyway. I really hate these "picking" quests. So I would rather have fewer but loooooong side quests that bring you to really UNIQUE items that are unable to obtain any other way. You made really good progress in this in Nehrim - just remain on this way. ;-) Also If I do something remarkable I want other NPCs to KNOW about it and REACT to it. Gameplay should be affected by player's actions.

3) LORE AND GAME'S BACKGROUND
- I know many players probably won't appreciate this too much but I like digging in game's world history (that' s exactly why I love TES games so much). So I hope your next game WILL HAVE something together with Arktwend's and Nehrim's events and if so I would like to find some books about this. It would be also nice to meet some known characters/visit known locations.

4) MODS AND PLUGINS
- make your total conversion playable together with graphic mods or you can in-build some of well-known mods into it. I have about 50 mods in my Skyrim game and it looks really LOVELY!

5) ENGLISH VERSION
- English translation of Nehrim was on very high level but we had to wait for it (although not so long). So please develop English version together with the German one. I understand this can be difficult but know that there are THOUSANDS of players all around the world who are waiting for your TC very impatiently. ;-)

Well, I wish you good luck!
snoozy
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

SakalCT hat geschrieben:
5) ENGLISH VERSION
- English translation of Nehrim was on very high level but we had to wait for it (although not so long). So please develop English version together with the German one. I understand this can be difficult but know that there are THOUSANDS of players all around the world who are waiting for your TC very impatiently. ;-)

Well, I wish you good luck!

What I loved about Nehrim as well was the professional voice actors you used(think they were 50 voice actors). So yessss I hope for a fully patched English version on release. Wishful thinking, but you never know ;)
Psion
Bettler
Bettler

Greetings,

I played Nehrim, finished every quest, visited every place and I was enchanted by the depth and variety. In the beggining I thought the plot was childish but as the story progresses I found out that my initial assesment was entirely wrong! Marvelous story, nice twists, I enjoyed every last moment. I dare to say I enjoyed it more than Skyrim which, despite the attempt for the contrary, was rather "canned". Please continue the good work as I (and a multitude of friends here in Greece to whom I introduced the game) am expecting project 5 with great anticipation!

Some thoughts for Project 5:

(1) Retain the versatility of Nehrim! The change of scenery and unique environments contribute to the overall immersion. I never got bored and each location was a piece of art. Do not change that!

(2) A wider variety of creatures and unique bosses would be wellcomed, as to avoid repetitivenes. A personal wish of mine would be to introduce some underwater hazzards. I saw in a beach at Nehrim a skeleton of a huge water beast. It would be marvelous to see something like that alive! Well, some vampires, lycanthropes and dragons would not be bad either...

(3) Many people were dissapointed with the lack of flight in both Oblivion and Skyrim. Reintroduction of the levitation spell would be cool.

(4) Have you considered the introduction of underwater cities (as in Ultima IX) or flying with a Dwarven ship to the surface of the moons that are visible in the night sky?

(5) The Aeterna could have a live city somewhere and not just be society's outcasts.

(6) Boat or ship travel could be a nice addition.

(7) Please DO NOT leave senario gaps. Launch it when it is complete, no matter how long it takes.

(8) Cities and towns should have some questlines. I was dissapointed with the lack of quests up north at Sarnor.

(9) The matching armor sets and the forging was great (Skyrim copied that)! Keep it but do not make it so complicated as Skyrim did, frustrating the players.

(10) The combat at Nehrim was far better than Skyrim. I was surprised when I raised me shield to block and a goblin lunged upwards and low to bypass it! Please improve it even further...

Keep up the good work, a whole community of Nehrim maniacs are eager for your next project!

Tolis, Greece
Zuletzt geändert von Psion am 24.05.2012 12:28, insgesamt 3-mal geändert.
Crosshair
Ordenskrieger
Ordenskrieger

SakalCT hat geschrieben:
btw is there any name for this project on the horizon?
Yes. But right now I can't tell you how far away it is from going public. We're currently thinking about how and when we will release it (the name).

And thank you all for all the responses!
As to huge Dungeons: we are aware of the fact that you do not want boring dungeons. I myself as a player dislike them, too. The interior designers, to whom I count myself, are doing big efforts, as you will see in future screenshots that we will deliver, once some really cool one can be shot.

A note in general:
Of course we are listening to your ideas, but I would like to point out that some suggestions will not be realized, such as useless spells. Please be aware of that we cannot respond to every suggestion.
snoozy
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I just finished playing Dragon's Dogma and I totally forgot to mention something very important to me ;) Please add fast-travel. I used a mod that allowed fast travel in Nehrim that I almost forgot Nehrim has a different system for traveling distances.

Please please I beg you so much!! Add Fast-Travel in Project 5. Nehrim took me over 50 hours to beat(I hit the achievement when I reached the southern desert) and on my second play-through maybe even longer! I played both with the fast-travel mod so the game would of taken me 100 hours+ because I love going back to areas I may have missed.

I love you, SureAI! Do what you feel is right don't mind me ;)
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

Hi Snoozy,

Sorry to disappoint you, but so far we haven't planned to include fast travel. Did you feel that it took you too long to get from point A to point B in Nehrim?

However, we will probably integrate two different methods of "fast travel". One of them will be a teleport system (Improved though, since many players criticized the old system). We will announce the second method once we are sure that we'll be able to integrate it. :)
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier

I actually liked how the teleportation system worked it was at least better than Oblivion's method. Are you guys planning on maybe using a couple of mods to enhance the game like you did in Nehrim?
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier

Also one last thing please don't let us be another 'chosen one' destined to save the land etc... I am really sick of it. What you did in Nehrim was perfect ( rare gifted power among other people).
snoozy
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Latiro hat geschrieben:
Hi Snoozy,

Sorry to disappoint you, but so far we haven't planned to include fast travel. Did you feel that it took you too long to get from point A to point B in Nehrim?

However, we will probably integrate two different methods of "fast travel". One of them will be a teleport system (Improved though, since many players criticized the old system). We will announce the second method once we are sure that we'll be able to integrate it. :)
I'm not disappointed and actually, I don't know how I feel, because I got the fast travel mod immediately when I found out I couldn't fast travel back to places I wanted to revisit and I do like going back to places I've been to, just to make sure I didn't miss anything. I thought it was a glitch when I couldn't fast travel, hehehehehehehe.. I did enjoy traveling very long distances for the first time in the Main quest, but I wouldn't like to do it over and over again :/ I mean if it's going back and forth. Dragon's Dogma doesn't have fast travel and the map is HUGE... and it really ticked me off going back and forth.

The reason I didn't use Nehrim's teleportation system was because I didn't know exactly what to do. Just like that quest where you have to kill some elementals a certain way, that took me awhile but that was fun once I got it going, thank quicksaves ^_^;; I already got the fast travel system working easily so I didn't think about the teleport stones.

Anyways, I think it's only one more day for some news! can't wait ><!!! E3 is over now and Project 5 is also on my mind!!
115 Beiträge Seite 2 von 12