What would you consider important for Enderal?

Moderator: Moderatoren

115 Beiträge Seite 1 von 12
Crosshair
Ordenskrieger
Ordenskrieger
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

What do you wish to see in our upcoming project? Let us know.
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier

at the back of my mind:
- more generic NPC dialogue
- Korinth race, they were in Nehrim we just couldn't choose them
- I understand main quest is the focus but more extensive side quests don't hurt
- Matching exterior and interior locations ( this is really annoying in Skyrim)
- Magic should definately be overhauled compared to Skyrim or at the most significantaly improved. Visually and gameplay was it was pretty but very limited. It had lost its touch.
- More armor pieces so that means leg and chest slots again with the occasional 2slot armour like in Nehrim
- Make skill level important again and less emphasis on perks only. I'm looking at you Skyrim.
- The idea of spending money to train your skills by a trainer is great but a bit of a game breaker. You could spend all your skill points on blade skill and be massively overpowered 1 or 2 hitting everything. Maybe put a limit on how much you can train per level per skill?
- Please try to implement spears! :( Same with crossbow
- Erothin is truly what you can call a city which looks and acts like a city supported with farms around it. The Imperial City didn't make sense at all. However it was a bit empty at times perhaps you should make more npcs per household and have give them jobs/ have them do stuff so it all seems more lively. The market in Erothin was nice but there there were only traders and perhaps 1 or 2 people around it.
- Wilderness was inhabited by traders, travelers and mercenaries. I liked this very much try to bring this over to Project 5.
- Larger scale battles should now be possible compared to Oblivion in the new Creation Engine.
- The battles between the Northrealm and Middlerealm soldiers were quite good but not very large. Now with a newer engine hopefully bigger battles are possible. Bigger batles are more fun and epic ( without the lag of course)
- Every lowlife thug attacked me no matter what. After a while this gets unrealistic they should warn you or something or first ask you to give your gold and if you refuse then they attack you. Some perhaps will just ignore you and others will run away (later on when you are more powerful)
- Conjuration is necessary skill for mages I know it is implented in Nehrim but that wasn't the case at launch.
- I really liked the dark and realistic atmosphere in Nehrim it made the game seem much more powerful and overwhelming.
- Unique item placements at dungeons made them purposeful again because you know you're going to get something strong and not some random generated crap.
Pyryp
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

At the top of my head:
- More side quests
- guilds
- huge cities. Bethesda always seems to disappoint me here. What I'd like to see would be at least one metropolis which would be super massive and filled with quests that happen within the city itself (you dont just pick up the quest and then go to some far away dungeon). Imperial city should be tiny compared to it.
- larger battles and if possible make the battle size scale with the power of your system so that those who have powerful rigs can enjoy massive battles and those without wont suffer massive lag
- "Make skill level important again and less emphasis on perks only. I'm looking at you Skyrim." that and make perks more interesting and have them change the way you play the game. Most of skyrim's perks were just boring %-bonuses
- more spell effects
- more interesting and less generic quests than in skyrim
- "Unique item placements at dungeons made them purposeful again because you know you're going to get something strong and not some random generated crap."
- tropical lands
- more interesting dungeons
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier

I don't think THAT huge cities are really favorable to do for a small mod team although Erothin's size was pretty much perfect except it could be filled with more npc's. Thanks for mentioning my points.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

1. I would like to see quests, especially the main quest, where choices must be made and the choice taken has ramifications. This could lead to 2 or more different endings, which would enhance the replay value. Not something as trite as good verses evil, but perhaps the opportunity to take sides; as in Gothic 3 where you could join the rebels, the orcs, or even the druids.

2. Novel and chained side quests (such as the Gervasius quests in Nehrim). I know most quests ultimately boil down to get something or kill something, but those can be presented in interesting ways. Guilds are not necessary for giving quests, but similar results can be generated in creative ways; I especially liked the "faction" quests in Reckoning:Amalur, such as the House of Ballads series of quests. I especially did not like the "guilds" in Skyrim, such as the assassins guild where it was just one killing after another with no reasoning or story ("just go kill "x" and don't ask why"). Reward long chained quests with something useful such as some permanent ability/skill/stat increase, not just some shiny trinket to be sold.

3. Make all dungeons/caves/inns, etc. unique. You went a long way towards this in Nehrim, but there still were some repetitive dungeons.

4. If there are horses (or other animals !!) to ride, use the same controls as for the character. That worked very smoothly in Sacred 2 (where they had some really interesting rides!)

5. Darlan castle had some nice display cases for weapons, but what about armor. You see armor all over castles, how about creating some mannequins or frames where we can display all those sets of armor that we never use. Maybe even the possibility of opening a museum in some city for all the stuff we never use but still want to keep?

6. I would like to put more than 1 enchantment/gem/rune or whatever on a weapon or piece of armor. Maybe that could depend on quality; for example, 1 enchant on a copper ring, 2 on a silver ring, or 3 on a gold ring.

7. Please make the land wide open. I liked being able to go anywhere I wanted in Gothic 3, Oblivion, & Skyrim. I got frustrated that I couldn't go to Southrealm in Nehrim until late in the game (until I found a way over the mountains).

8. Please keep the ability to jump/climb everywhere. I enjoyed climbing to the remote mountain tops and ridges, just to see if I could. Of course, in Nehrim they were all barren. It would be nice to find some rare plant or animal skin as a reward for exploring the most difficult places.

9. I disagree with previous comments about having big, massive cities. Erothin was certainly big enough. Even during my 5th playthrough, I was still finding new places there. We don't need another Dragon Age 2! Devote those resources to more locales, dungeons, hot springs where I can heal/cure, maybe a ski jump?, or whatever. I also don't want big battles. Use the resources for places to explore, that is what an RPG is all about for me. I think big battles would just devolve the game into a common hack & slash/shooter type game; no thanks!

10. Don't get carried away with magic. Magic effects & displays seem to be one area where it is easy to overload a computer that isn't top-notch, state-of-the-art. Not everyone buys a new rig every 6 months! And don't get too cute, like anvils falling from the sky (Two Worlds 2), or too overpowering (such as the meteor shower in Reckoning:Amalur that kills all enemies around you but doesn't harm a hair on allies or friendly NPCs).

11. English voices would be nice, but I understand why that might not be feasible. I can live with English subtitles, but please translate all the letters,documents, etc. It was frustrating in Nehrim that, even after the last patch, I would find notes or letters in German and wonder if they were telling something I needed to know.

12. Don't make the physical puzzles too hard. In Nehrim, I could never complete the quest to move the black powder barrels from the fire and had to use the console to advance the stage. I did manage, after many, many deaths, the jumps across moving platforms, but they stressed me. Remember, some of us are old folks with slow reflexes.

13. Don't feel it is necessary to put something in every box/crate/barrel. I would rather find most of them empty, than finding useless, valueless stuff everywhere such as clay bowls, forks, etc.

14. All components of the same description should match. For example, I gained several "wolf pelts" from different types of wolves, but even though they were all described as a "wolf pelt", many could not be used to make the armor requiring wolf pelts. Very frustrating.

15. I prefer fast/instant travel to already-discovered locations, by clicking on the location on a map, rather than the teleport system used in Nehrim. I was frustrated at much time wasted traveling the same trails repeatedly to reach certain locations without a teleportal, such as Treomar and Southfield.
Vandriam
Gauner
Gauner
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

- random and free events, for example, be intercepted in a fast travel by ennemies with probabilities which depends on the area. Or be trapped by a wild and dangerous animal and try to escape its lair. Or be ambushed by bandits ...

- tweaked configuration for old computers, hightly configurable graphics options and EAX support.

- I think that useless items (like forks, little knife , ... ) are importants to make the game realistic.

- tutorials for crafting

- possibility to craft arrows

- useless but funny spells or funny diseases and items (inverted screen or commands, cheated item but nasty visual effect when equiped)

- possibility to fly, or plane.

- possibility to have an animal which help you, fight for you, and carry items or have special abilities.

- possibility to command big group of fighters, because it's frustrating to see that the player has no influence in big fights.

- many ends with morales choices and dilemmas (ex: a good stuff or save an important npc)

- possibility to fight a dragon ! =)

- multiplayers quests ?

- dynamics dialogs with differents cameras point of view and focuses on chacaters faces.

- see its own character grown and become older during the game.

- contextual actions in dialogs

- countries with relief

- disable cloned enemies

- no auto levelling

- possibility to customize colors of equipments

- scripted moments

- some cinematics for importants moments in the game

- love or flirt quests

- chained quests, do an other secondary quest will influence on an other or main quest

- possibility to use physics and environments of the game in fights
Topken
Krieger
Krieger
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

*sighs* I feel like some of you havent played Skyrim at all as some of those requests are part of Skyrim already.

One of my addons is that if you do get spears working that you tweak it a little bit and have proper fighting staves instead of just the generic ones you got with the mods in Oblivion. What I saw with the spear video was that it was really close to how one would handle a proper fighting staff. Make it easier to play like a monk for example or a proper battle mage.
mindw0rk
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

-Big dungeon and overland bosses. And saying big I mean huge.
-Epic questlines to get legendary weapons and gear. Long, interesting and very challenging. Id like to read cool lore about those items in description/books.
-Items sets with cool and varied bonuses. Make it hard to obtain full set, so that when you get it, you felt really good.
-"Most Wanted" quests coming back, sending you to track notorious creatures.
-Unique places like theater and gallery in Nehrim. For example cirqus, zoo, heroic weapons museum (that you could rob).
-Mounts! I always missed them in Nehrim. Get rid of teleportation system and let us ride something cool, not only horses. Mounts in Skyrim are slow and worthless, I'd like to see faster and more useful in P5.
-Places with vistas that Ive never seen in any other RPG. Shocking, beautiful, surreal, epic, breathtaking, jawdropping.
-Easter eggs and references to popular games and pop cultures.
-Good crafting system without boring leveling. I want to hunt for rare and ultra rare resources to make epic weapon/armor. Check Vanguard: SoH for example of nice crafting system.
-Plenty of random encounters in the wilderness. Make it so that every trip could turn out to be adventure.
-Some type of arena with progressively harder mobs/waves to beat and very challenging encounter in the end.
-Lots of great lore. So I could really dig into the world.
-Main questline with dramatic choices. Let us feel that your decisions will matter.
-Something to work for after you've finished main questling. For example, getting rare decoration items for your residence.
-Compatibility with Skyrim graphic mods (realistic lighting, HD textures, EBMS)
-English language support at release.

After Nehrim (which was great) my expectations from P5 are sky high. Good luck ;)
snoozy
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

My only request would be to have the Main quest take me all over the world map! Nehrim almost did that I believe, it took me to almost every corner of the map while the Side Quests took me to those the Main Quest didn't. So yes, that's what I want from the Main quest. Thank you SureAI.

The "In the Underworld" Quest in Nehrim was one of my favorite parts of the game... Just when I thought I visited every part of the game, you take me underground! Splendid work! The other dimensions were amazing too. I love Nehrim and I wish it was an actual game than a Mod...
FreezeProblem
Krieger
Krieger
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

-Difficulty)) Hard and yet not frustrating.
-Allow player to grow in power as strong as in morrowind but somehow balanced
-enchanting and magic with great variety of effects
-levitation and jumping
-probably very srtong dungeon bosses which require something special to defeat them
-good balanced gameplay
-and most important well tested srcipts. in nehrim there was script effect on one spell that *should* knockown target but instead incresed targets fatigue permanently and some enemies used it on player... now I found in arktwend's stormwend robbers which draw and holster weapon every frame(startcombat player + stopcombat were both called), looks almost funny, but broken thing is not funny. Just watch scripts with attention and all shall be ok))
115 Beiträge Seite 1 von 12