Magic perk tree overhaul?

Moderator: Moderatoren

2 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
origamifan
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Okay, so this is my first post ever, so my apologies if I seems condescending, obnoxious or just rude (or if I was supposed to firstly introduce myself in a dedicated thread) (If you feel like I was any of the above to you, please let me know and I will apologize for it)

First thing: It's a bit late, but happy new years and best wishes to anyone reading this!

Second thing: This conversion is just so good I need to invent a word to describe it (I'll go with awesometastic). Like literally, congratulations to everyone involved with it. I still haven't finished it due to numerous problems with my computer, but the story is much more deep and engaging than the one in skyrim (which is fine, but could have been beter served), the soundtrack is awe-inspiring, and so is the world design, the voice acting is almost irreproachable and minus some place where it's trying (only in my opinion) a bit too much, the dark and oppressive ambience that is carried throughout the game is served excellently.

However, there's a minor hitch I noticed. The magic system is roughly similar to the one found in skyrim, where your skill only influence the cost of the spells you cast and not their damages. There's a mod for skyrim, ordinator which, IMO serve better the spell system: Basically, the first perk augment your spells and "talents" damages and/or duration by respectively 0.5% and 1% per level in the related skill (which allowed them to stay relevant even as you progress and acquire weapons that would otherwise overshadow them. And the perks in destruction that augmented fire/frost/shock spells damages were replaced by perks that progressively augmented fire/frost/shock damages based on the target remaining health/stamina/magicka (the lower it is, the higher you do damages, which means shock spells for example, can be used also against non wizard types of enemies, as it will deplete their mana faster and thus, reach t=it's optimal raw damages quicker). You can find a more complete description on the mod page here https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68425 it might also contains some other good perks ideas(like the school of alteration/mentalism that allows you to actually alter your body by adding resistances and attributes, I find it neat and roleplay)

Also, could it be possible to create a new affinity when you specialize in One/two handed weapons and a school of magic (such as elementarism(in fact probably just elementarism because it's one of the only schools that have a huge array of targeted, non-concentration types of spells)) that would have a power similar to ordinator's spellscribe, where you can store a spell by dual casting it and then release it with power attacks with a cooldown based on your elementarism level?)

Also, needless to say, but I myself have virtually almost no modding experience, so I have no idea how complicated this might be and if EnaiSiaon would allow it. Thus, if you can't do it, it's no big deal.

Anyway, thanks for reading this far, I'm genuinely surprised I managed to write so much. Best wishes for 2018!
Buccaneer
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 41 Mal

Welcome, nice first post, even if I may not agree with some of it. You said, "where your skill only influence the cost of the spells you cast and not their damages". Unless I am not thinking clearly, I believe the opposite is true = the skills and perks are mostly about damage, not the cost. For example, here's Elementarism:

Blazing Spark A bolt of lightning that does X points of shock damage and half as much of Mana damage.
Chain Lightning Lightning bolt that does X points of shock damage to Health and half as much to Mana, then leaps to a new target.
Grounding Lightning that does X points of shock damage and half as much of Mana damage per second. Absorbs X points of Mana from the target.
Lightning Cowl For X seconds, opponents in melee range take X points shock and half as much Mana damage per second.
Lightning Rune Cast on a nearby surface, it explodes for X points of shock damage when enemies come near.

and in Archery, the higher your skills - the higher your damage.

Am I missing something?
2 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1