Map with roads

Moderator: Moderatoren

8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Petzi
Gauner
Gauner
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

I just started playing Enderal and I'm really enjoying it. The amount of detail so far hasn't been awfully impressive and I've caught quite a few dialogue bugs, but that's another matter.

One thing I'd really like to see implemented are roads in the world map. Skyrim had this problem too and there was a mod to fix it, but I don't know if such a mod exists for Enderal. Honestly, I'm a bit shocked that this wasn't included in the game at release, as it's one of those things that's always seemed like a completely obvious problem to me. This is even more important in Enderal, since you can't fast travel as promiscuously as in Skyrim.

Opinions, thoughts?
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

I don't know how much of the map is generated by the game and what would have been done manually :|

EzEs - Remove Camera Limits apparently works with Enderal
(never used it)

there are also ini tweaks you could try.
I know, I saw a thread here specifically about the Enderal map and some tweaks, but they should be the same.
(and I never used those either)

hope that helps :)
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

I think the devs want you to explore Enderal widely. There are hundreds of interesting locations, dungeons, ruins, forts, castles, caves, etc. to encounter, and they want you to do so. If there were roads on the map, some players would simply follow the roads from one place to another, and never get off the beaten path to discover all these other places that the devs spent so much time and effort creating.

I know it is sometimes a challenge trying to figure out how to get from one place to another (as in Skyrim, Gothic 3, and many other RPGs that don't map roads), but some of the most interesting things I've discovered have been when I was thoroughly lost! [this also applies to Nehrim and Arktwend, the predecessors to Enderal.]
Mattanja
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 103 Mal

09.06.2017 04:04Petzi hat geschrieben:
Honestly, I'm a bit shocked that this wasn't included in the game at release, as it's one of those things that's always seemed like a completely obvious problem to me.
Well there was a papermap with roads planned and implemented, but due to some problems with the position of the player I think, they removed it before the release. Still hoping that it will be in a later patch or the DLC, but I don't know how likely that is.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter

Petzi
Gauner
Gauner
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

09.06.2017 17:06badgesareus hat geschrieben:
I think the devs want you to explore Enderal widely. There are hundreds of interesting locations, dungeons, ruins, forts, castles, caves, etc. to encounter, and they want you to do so. If there were roads on the map, some players would simply follow the roads from one place to another, and never get off the beaten path to discover all these other places that the devs spent so much time and effort creating.

I know it is sometimes a challenge trying to figure out how to get from one place to another (as in Skyrim, Gothic 3, and many other RPGs that don't map roads), but some of the most interesting things I've discovered have been when I was thoroughly lost! [this also applies to Nehrim and Arktwend, the predecessors to Enderal.]
Sorry, but I disagree with just about everything you said. Players who like exploring will always explore, roads or not, because that's what that kind of player likes doing. They like to defy what the game expects them to do by going off the beaten track. If anything, roads would make them explore more than normal.

Besides, RPGs are all about freedom. If players want to stay on the road and complete the main's game objectives, they should be allowed to. The map is there to help you navigate, not make you get lost. And you'll note that Nehrim's world map has roads!

I'm adding my voice to the rest who are hoping SureAI will add roads :)
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter

answered in the old Q&A:
https://forum.sureai.net/viewtopic.php?t=7011&start=150
I think that makes it pretty clear you won't be seeing roads , at least from SureAI. Maybe you can post in the "mods" topic and see if someone out there can do it. Perhaps someone could add roads to the interactive map in the wiki.

And perhaps you'd also like a "Michelin Guide to 5-Star Eateries, Inns & Taverns in Enderal." :lol:

I'm calling National Geographic right now to suggest they do a special on "Enderalean Wild Mages and Their Towers." Oh wait, there aren't any cameras in Enderal. But they could use "print screens"!
Hoxyd
SureAI
SureAI
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 228 Mal

The new map ist now available via update: https://forum.sureai.net/viewtopic.php?f=208&t=12764
8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1