Mining Ore Takes Too Long

Moderator: Moderatoren

4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

I think 9 "hits" when mining ore are too many; it is a real time waster, especially in mines with much ore. Would it be feasible to shorten it, to perhaps 3 hits with the pickaxe?
DanielCoffey
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 42 Mal

Examine Faster Mining from the Nexus using TES5EDIT to see if you think it will work with Enderal.
Calibrax
Gauner
Gauner

You can mine by equipping your pickaxe and swinging at the ore vein, its faster, also useful when stuck in combat by a fish or some other non threat & won't let you mine normally.
saggaris
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I know I'm late to the thread here but someone else may also be late so my advice may be worthwhile.

There are plenty of mining mods for Skyrim and many of them work in Enderal, you should choose to try things out in game for yourself, perhaps with a gamesave duplicate, though sometimes you have to start a new game to 'ignite' the mod, often taking someone's advice about adding a mod that didn't work can cause friction and cries of "you broke my game" and "you ruined my life" can be heard.
Try and think if the mod may have consequences further up the line so be prepared to say 'OPPS' and start again if you're unsure.
<Remember it's a Game not your life>

Personally, I disagree with the premise that mining takes too long in Enderal, that doesn't mean that the OP is wrong... simply that we have different views, and desires.
I'd like to be able to mine from dawn till dusk, BUT... I don't want an ore every three strikes like in Skyrim! I'd prefer to work ten or a dozen strokes to get one piece of ore, and slowly have my pick degrade taking even more hits before finally dislodging ore, then get to the grindstone or get another pick,
Among other things, I'm trying to blend 'Loot and Degradation' with a modified version (more strokes per ore) of Indefinite Mining, adding to that an overhaul for the weights of ores and their Ingots... yes they're all going to be heavier.
But that's just my look on the game, it won't suit everyone because we all desire different things for different reasons.

As ever Pete
4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1