critique--soul gems

Moderator: Moderatoren

7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
MacSuibhne
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

The one thing that Skyrim did better than Enderal is fill soul gems. I hate it that there is no weapon that will do that. (so far?)

If I understand correctly, you have to stop the game (break immersion) and select and cast a spell before you can reengage an enemy and, if victorious, fill a soul gem.

It's clunky.
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

There is a perk in the Sinistrope tree that allows you to capture enemy souls with bound weapon. :)
MacSuibhne
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

But not with "regular" enchanted weapons?
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

Nope, just bound weapons.
rjdriver
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 8 Mal

If you like playing the archer, a really nice bound weapon is the Mystic Bow. As Nicolas said, you'll need to get several perks in the Sinistrope tree to flesh it out, but once you get there, it has soul trap, low mana cost, lasts a full 2 minutes, and at its higher levels, 1-2 arrow kills on many enemies if you have a high archery skill level.

The perfect accessory for those who like to use enchanted weapons. Forget those awful soul trap spells with the time limit. This is the real deal.
Calibrax
Gauner
Gauner

22.02.2017 14:44Nicolas Samuel hat geschrieben:
There is a perk in the Sinistrope tree that allows you to capture enemy souls with bound weapon. :)

That's self defeating since you don't need to enchant or recharge bound weapons.

Another thing is in Skyrim if you drop a soul gem it empties itself so if you capture a Petty in a Grand (witch happens often) it's not a total waste.

Your latest patch removes that option making capturing souls even more frustrating. :thumbsdown:
rjdriver
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 8 Mal

16.04.2017 11:27Calibrax hat geschrieben:
22.02.2017 14:44Nicolas Samuel hat geschrieben:

That's self defeating since you don't need to enchant or recharge bound weapons.
Self defeating? Not at all. In my last play through I used a few enchanted staffs and bows, as well as an Aeterna dagger with a shock enhancement for close combat. All of those weapons needed to be fed soul gems on a regular basis. To fill up the gems, I summoned and used the Mystic Bow periodically.

This style of play wont work early in the game as the perk you need to make bound weapons do automatic soul trap is at the very top of the Sinistrope tree. You'll need to use 9 memory points in that tree to get there. But along the way there is this very nice Mystical Binding perk that increases bound weapon damage by 40%. Many of the other perks and talents in that tree will be useful if you use entropy and psionic spells.

Eventually, when it gets to level 5 and your archery skill is maxed, the Mystic bow becomes very powerful, and can serve as your main ranged weapon.
7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1