Easy mode?

Moderator: Moderatoren

16 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
dasmotiu
Bettler
Bettler

I play games like this for the romp, and am not good at the combat side, as I seem to have far too slow reaction times, perhaps due to age. Your parents are probably younger than I am.

I have played Skyrim all the way through several times, and have over 1000 hours on it in Steam. I love everything about it. But I play on the easy setting, with mods that allow me to have a pretty lady (or two, or more) as a companion -- but I think I have played enough Skyrim for a while, so I installed Enderal.

I have reached the Three River Watch, but agonizingly slowly, and I have died at least 25 times, mostly within two or three seconds of encountering the wolf, spider, and most recently the Vatyr in Three River watch. Even on the easy setting it instantly goes round behind me and kills me in seconds, before I can get in more than one or two blows with a sword, perhaps doing 5% damage to it. Bleak Falls Barrow, the first quest in Skyrim, was not even close to that difficulty.

The fact that health does not gradually return as it does in Skyrim makes me an easy kill.

I also passed a might at the "resting place" and was not able to "sleep" or even to "wait" so I just walked away from my PC for about 45 minutes.

For me, this level of difficulty when on the easy setting simply means that I am not enjoying myself, and will go elsewhere. I realize that there are others out there who like the intensity of the combat, and I know there are people who START playing the game on the most difficult level, but I can't do that.

Dasmotiu, Windows 10, Core i7 4790k, 16GB, GTX 970, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

So you are playing on Novice?
dasmotiu
Bettler
Bettler

Yes, the level at the extreme left of the options. I noticed that I was set on "adept" by default the first time I opened the game. I am definitely NOT Adept. I just want to have fun, kill a few monsters, solve a few puzzles, complete a few quests. My adrenalin goes through the roof if I get into a real fight, and I don't much like the feeling.
Kazeen
Gauner
Gauner
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Mhm this seems to be a dilemma. As well as players like you, struggling with the easiest difficulty, I imagine there are others, who find the hardest setting still not hard enough. That said, i guess a game can't always satisfy the whole wide range of preferred levels of challenge.

I'm not sure how complex it would be, to edit some game files to actually reduce the strength of enemies further. I'm not a modder though. :|
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

Ummm yeah don't mean this in a bad way but yeah if you're struggling in the beginning and on the lowest possible difficulty then maybe this game is not for you. If your ''adrenaline goes through the roof'' during a fight you should look for a more casual game. The core of Enderal's gameplay is persistence and challange that's why I enjoyed it.

Only thing I can say is find a summon spell asap, a paralyse spell and ranged magic spells so you're not that much in danger as a melee fighter. Or play a more casual game such as skyrim or diablo 3.
dasmotiu
Bettler
Bettler

I appreciate the constructive comments and understand those who want options like Tesla's cars' more recent offerings, "insane", and "ludicrous". I wish I could switch on that enthusiasm/instinct/reaction times, but heck, I am 68 years old, and feel quite good about being able to play Skyrim at all, even at the base level. I also have Witcher 3 and have had less luck with that, but I need to go back and try again. Shadows of Mordor was just too depressing, and I say that having read the Lord of the Rings trilogy over 20 times since 1966.

Who knows, now I have played Skyrim through several times perhaps I should turn the difficulty dial up, since I know the dungeons like the back of my hand.

Once I have that under my belt, THEN I can come back to Enderal. I could mod it myself - I am a retired software engineer, modding would be relatively straightforward for me. Papyrus is very much like languages I have used before.

Thank you, I wish I could divide my age by 4.

Das
Kazeen
Gauner
Gauner
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

dasmotiu hat geschrieben:
Thank you, I wish I could divide my age by 4.
Why would you? In my view, life experience that comes with an advanced age is invaluable. Since we're all gamers, think of it as an actual achievement. You are level 68, while many of us are still grinding boars und crabs. :D

In fact, i believe not many of your fellow contemporaries are into this form of pc gaming. So you're kind of a pioneer, it doesn't matter how slow your reaction times may be. Much respect.
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

I took the time to make a quick mode that makes the enemies easier (ONLY on novice difficulty, though - make sure to set the current difficulty to novice in the gameplay settings): https://www.dropbox.com/s/et331qvbhlxaz ... e.esp?dl=0
Simply download it, put it into your Skyrim/Data folder and then activate under "Data Files" in the Enderal Launcher. Let me know how it goes! :)
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

Yes, sometimes you can sneak near or past enemies. Don't count on it. Likewise, they can sneak up on you, especially in the tall grass. You won't know there is a giant spider behind you, and the next thing you see is the loading screen after your death!
Up through level 3, I've been killed by a wolf, a spider, a team of giant rats (or whatever they call them), an Arp, a troll, a skeleton, and an archer bandit from across a river that I didn't know was there till the arrows hit me, and many many times I've been taken down to just a couple of health points remaining.
I posted this on the forum last July 5th, having played the German version even though I don't read more than a few common words of the language. So don't get discouraged, I had quite a problem, too, until I got the hang of it and learned to be very cautious.
but heck, I am 68 years old,
You kids! I remember back when I had to program my Commodore 64 to play Pong. (I'm a ripe old 70.) :lol:

It might help you to have some better weapons. This might help you, if they haven't been patched out:
https://forum.sureai.net/viewtopic.php? ... pons+early
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

Badgesareus I had no idea you were 70 years old. This is really weird for to see that basically grandpas would play video games very unusual(not an insult). I automatically assume everyone here is somewhere between 16-40 years old. Guess age really is just a number.
16 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2