Easy mode?

Moderator: Moderatoren

16 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

The earliest arcade video game (Pong) is from the 1970s (when I was in my 20s), and the earliest home video games were from the early 1980s. My son was born in 1980, so we started playing the home video games such as Activision & Atari, later Nintendo, since they were invented. After he grew up and left home, I switched over to games on the PC and have been playing PC RPGs ever since. Chances are you younger fellows will be playing them in your elder years, too.
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

badgesareus hat geschrieben:
The earliest arcade video game (Pong) is from the 1970s (when I was in my 20s), and the earliest home video games were from the early 1980s. My son was born in 1980, so we started playing the home video games such as Activision & Atari, later Nintendo, since they were invented. After he grew up and left home, I switched over to games on the PC and have been playing PC RPGs ever since. Chances are you younger fellows will be playing them in your elder years, too.
Yeah probably but not according to my dad lol. He'll only consider me truly grown up only if I ditch video games. Seems like you don't have to be. You had a son and continued with your hobby meaning you don't have to ditch anything. But I'd say you are a very rare chip of a rare block compared to your peers.But yea nowadays a bigger generation will grow old playing these video games considering they're alot more normalised than before.
Corwyn77
Schurke
Schurke

I'm sure that plenty of us are over 50, including me. On the GURPS forum we often have age threads. There is almost always someone in their 70s, playing with their grandkids or even great grandkids.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

My wife didn't get hooked on video games (although she put a lot of time into Ms Pacman decades ago) until she got a smart phone and discovered Angry Birds! Now it's our dog who goes up to her face to face to tell her she's played enough, play with the doggie!
Deleted User 23162

I've played on Adept and higher plenty of times. Seems like a breeze for me. It only starts to get really serious when you set it to Master/Legendary. At least for me it does. You have to remember that how you build your character reflects how you will deal with your encounters. If you build your character right, it shouldn't be much of a challenge. My recommendation is to specialize your character. Trust me. If you give your character an edge and you focus on it you will do great. Whatever weakness you give them you can compensate with items or strategic placement when using certain spells.
rjdriver
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 8 Mal

Hey badgesareus, you have one year on me, but your history sounds very similar to mine with my son. We spent hours and hours playing Mega Man 2 on the NES in the 80s, after we moved on from Atari. Then, of course I had to find Mega Man 1 and conquer that. Wow - no passwords. Had to be done in one sitting!

To desmotiu, the advice to find a summon spell is important. I couldn't have made it through the early part of Elderal without one. And I continued to use one through most of the game. There are no hire-able companions so its the next best thing. Although you will have players important to the story that accompany you quite often during the main quest.

The enemies don't level with you here like they did in Skyrim, so its easy to wander into an area you are not ready for. But I agree with you about Three River Watch. The Vatyr is a very difficult foe to put into a place that almost everyone encounters early on. You have to be much more cautious in this game until you get your skills up. I was constantly on the lookout for high ground to try to survive a fight :-).

The story and the voice acting in Enderal are far superior to Skyrim IMHO, and worth the difficult slog through the early game. It's really quite a different experience that will stay with you after its over. Hope you can find a way to keep playing.
16 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2