[Spoiler] Wish for an alternate ending DLC

Moderator: Moderatoren

5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
YorSpectre
Bettler
Bettler

Hello everybody,

about a week ago, I finished my first playthrough of enderal. It was a brilliant game and everything was so well placed and done, that only in the end I could really appreciate the efford put into this game/mod.
While I was playing, I was already planning about my second and even third playthrough. But with the knowledge of the possible endings, things changed a bit.

WARNING: From here on I will put spoilers in my post. If the title didn't warn you enough and you don't want any spoilers, please read some other threads 8)

The endings were very well done and pretty emotional. After I finished the game, it took me some time to understand what just happened. And after I figured out, that you just cannot stop the cleansing, I was thinking the typical "what if" questions. And I came up with an idea:

What if I had figured out that Sha'Rim killed Lishari and I "dealt with him" in some way. That way he wouldn't have destroyed the numinax and the cleansing could have been prevented.

I want to form this idea into a wish for a small DLC. Please make it possible to deal with Sha'Rim and that way prevent the cleansing. And (if possible) give this options only player on their second or above playthrough.
That way you would give people (like me) the incentive to play the game again (and again).

Maybe you could load an old save, which has been automatically created, when you watched all creadis at the end of the game. Loading this special save will start a new game with the tweak of being able to beat the high ones this time around.

I know that this means a lot of work for you guys. But the game would be so much more replayable, if you gave players this option.
Maybe I am not alone in this thought. So, please voice your thoughts on this topic.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

It would be nice to have some type of "happy ending" where Enderal is not destroyed and you could continue playing & exploring. But since SureAI is working on the DLC which will have an alternate ending, it is probably premature to consider any significant changes until we find out what that alternate ending is. I suspect it won't be "live happily ever after".

I recall one RPG many years ago (possibly it was Sacred 2?) where you started out on the bronze level, and after you beat the game on bronze, then you could play on the silver level (harder enemies, better loot), then gold, then platinum (which was most challenging). I wonder how much tweaking it would take to do something like that. Of course, that wouldn't fit with the current system where you can select the hardest level right from the start; I haven't tried any level higher than the normal (adept) level, but I would guess that the enemies are harder but the loot is the same -- correct me if I'm wrong.

While on the subject of replayability, one feature that I encountered in Titan Quest Immortal Throne was a master stash, where you could put a limited number of items in it, and then when you started a new game, the new character would have access to that master stash (and if I recall correctly the weapons & armor had level requirements so a level 1 character couldn't use level 20 armor, for example). That encouraged replays and parallel plays (such as having one mage character, one rogue, one melee, etc) and switching back & forth.
YorSpectre
Bettler
Bettler

badgesareus hat geschrieben:
I suspect it won't be "live happily ever after".
It doesn't have to be that big of a change, but a bit less death would be nice. The death of a complete continent versus (nearly) the whole huminaty. Those are not my favorite choices. Although a happy ending would still be cool, if it would be possible on your second playthrough.
badgesareus hat geschrieben:
But since SureAI is working on the DLC which will have an alternate ending, it is probably premature to consider any significant changes until we find out what that alternate ending is. I suspect it won't be "live happily ever after".
This sounds interesting. I haven't read about an alternate ending. Just saw the new trailer, which doesn't mention it. Do you have a link for some further information?
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

Deleted User 23162

I hope the 'secret ending' is not like Commander Shepard 'take a breath for a split second' scene and closes for speculation. I really hate that ending. All their endings for that matter. But, still, a great game that should have done more with the grind you put in as a player gaining war score and deciding on events. Just seemed as though whatever you had worked for was moot at the end.
5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1