progression question

Moderator: Moderatoren

8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

I'm enjoying the game so far but I'm really wondering if there's not something wrong with the leveling. Like I have the feeling it's going way too fast. I'm climbing levels like you would in the first 15 levels of WoW it's weird. I'm already above level 30 but I just keep leveling up every 10 minutes. Is it supposed to be like this or is something wrong here? If it's intended then fine but yeah as I said I'm really flying through it.
BigElectricCat
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 16 Mal

Hazzmat hat geschrieben:
I'm climbing levels like you would in the first 15 levels of WoW it's weird. I'm already above level 30 but I just keep leveling up every 10 minutes.
How long have you been gaming? Am guessing it's your experience & probably par for the course.

This sounds arrogant, but can't understand why people say it's too hard. They've never played classics like Falcon 3.0, or IL-2 Sturmovik? On the ground, oldies like SWAT series, or third person mil-sims that require advance planning & not just FPS mayhem?

Gaming experience kind of makes Skyrim combat look like checkers compared to chess! : )

PS: If doing a lot of exploring, how many magic symbols? Most I've found was either 35 or 36. Think I'd explored everything by L-71 :)
yatol
Krieger
Krieger
Danksagung erhalten: 3 Mal

BigElectricCat hat geschrieben:
This sounds arrogant, but can't understand why people say it's too hard.
flying through enderal mean he don't see any challenge...

to make enderal harder, you can
- use more aggressive combat style
- deadly combat (more initial damage, less gain from perk, this make low level npc stronger without making high level npc and you too strong, same can be done with armor, resistance, and other game settings)
- skills book price 250/500/750/1000 (to give a reason to make some money, and stay weaker longer)
- xp gain divided by 2 (20-40 less levels, this reduce the gap between the player and npcs that just can't keep up)

that's enought to make a huge difference
BigElectricCat
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 16 Mal

Not my take on the question, but who knows. I took ' Hazzmat' to mean he was worried about EP system, or unknowingly leveling up too fast. "Am I going to pay for it later" kind of thing.

Anyhoo...

1.)
What's more aggressive play style mean? Might be fun.

Granted, Skyrim isn't Arma-3 with a million keyboard moves, but basic tactics still apply right? Don't get me wrong. Not trolling or anything. Problem on my end. Just don't follow 'more aggressive.'

Beginning of game: I'm dressed in rags, and armed with a knife & a brittle long bow. I can take maybe three hits from a wolf before it gets me. Charge into a pack of three of them, or cross the stream and get to the Apotecary camp ASAP?

2.)
Difficulty is a personal choice I guess. Have to play the cards Beth gave us, but here's a link to someone who expressed the idea of it being a disappointment better than I can.

http://hubpages.com/games-hobbies/skyri ... y-settings

Best!
yatol
Krieger
Krieger

BigElectricCat hat geschrieben:
2.)
Difficulty is a personal choice I guess. Have to play the cards Beth gave us, but here's a link to someone who expressed the idea of it being a disappointment better than I can.

http://hubpages.com/games-hobbies/skyri ... y-settings
while i run after caster number 1, caster number 2 will cast while running away in another direction
if i try to hit mele 1, mele 2 can shield bash me
those npc can destroy you, if you allow them to do more than wait for you to kill them
http://imgur.com/a/BbFt2

skyrim was made so a dumbass that distribute perks randomly can finish the game by using barely one crafting skill
there are mods to change that
some make it worse, enderal is one of them

load tesedit and go check the weapons damage
iron 5
steel 8
silver 8
orcish 9
dwemer 10
rune 10
elven 11
nord hero 11
glass 12
ebony 13
daedric 14
skarag 17
silver steel 18
starling 19
aeterna 28
shadow steel 45
the last weapons do too much damage (have nerf that, incomplete stuff, there wasn't much to edit)

something else to nerf is the crafting, you can't have it too strong since npc don't have that

and the perks, overhauls that make them much stronger kill the challenge, unless you use something like asis to distribute perks to npc that can have them

adding high level npc for your high level char is stupid
if you are level 100, game can pick anything that doesn't require level 101 or higher
it can be a npc level 90, or a npc level 10, and that npc level 10 is a joke
and if you get level 500 by reseting perks, you aren't much different from when you were level 200, you just have more hp

it's easier the other way around, less levels, and the problem of becoming rambo with all perks and so many hp it take forever to kill you is gone
low level npc can get a boost by adding an active effect to all races
npc is level 10, you are level 30, npc gain 30-10 * x hp, 30-10 * y armor, 30-10 * z stats (they have to do more damage)
it give a meaning to leveling (you can no longer pick perk randomly or ignore craft, you have to become stronger than npc)
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 138 Mal

yatol hat geschrieben:
there are mods to change that
some make it worse, enderal is one of them

load tesedit and go check the weapons damage
iron 5
steel 8
silver 8
orcish 9
dwemer 10
rune 10
elven 11
nord hero 11
glass 12
ebony 13
daedric 14
skarag 17
silver steel 18
starling 19
aeterna 28
shadow steel 45
the last weapons do too much damage (have nerf that, incomplete stuff, there wasn't much to edit)

something else to nerf is the crafting, you can't have it too strong since npc don't have that

and the perks, overhauls that make them much stronger kill the challenge, unless you use something like asis to distribute perks to npc that can have them

adding high level npc for your high level char is stupid
if you are level 100, game can pick anything that doesn't require level 101 or higher
it can be a npc level 90, or a npc level 10, and that npc level 10 is a joke
and if you get level 500 by reseting perks, you aren't much different from when you were level 200, you just have more hp

it's easier the other way around, less levels, and the problem of becoming rambo with all perks and so many hp it take forever to kill you is gone
low level npc can get a boost by adding an active effect to all races
npc is level 10, you are level 30, npc gain 30-10 * x hp, 30-10 * y armor, 30-10 * z stats (they have to do more damage)
it give a meaning to leveling (you can no longer pick perk randomly or ignore craft, you have to become stronger than npc)
1. I actually made the same mistake just yesterday, but I sure hope you looked at the use count before you try to bash Enderal...
Shadow Steel weapons are not in use - not even one of them, hence balancing is not necessary.

2. You are basically bringing back level scaling, the most hated feature of Skyrim, but obviously Enderal would be better with your idea :mrgreen:
Seriously? Currently crafting is actually UP and by much so. You could say we nerfed it too much as it does not scale very well in terms of skill progression (something we are btw trying to change but that is a long process, as we do not want to get into Skyrim's territory of OP crafting).

How about you take the bashing down a notch and think before you post?
yatol
Krieger
Krieger

Caleb8980 hat geschrieben:
Shadow Steel weapons are not in use - not even one of them, hence balancing is not necessary.
i wrote weaponS...
have drop the last weapons damage to glass, ebony, daedric

for crafting i just use whatever i use in skyrim profile

there's a mod on nexus to get most missing forge recipe
enderal potions were renumbered to skyrim potions for my alchemy
didn't check enchant, even if i addperk the enchant perks, i won't be able to make stuff as strong those sets
Dateianhänge
72850_20161102160953_1.jpg
72850_20161102155507_1.jpg
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

LOL love how this discussion went an entirely different way when I was just wondering why leveling is so fast! :shock:
8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1