Spears, clothing stacking

Moderator: Moderatoren

5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
JudgeLazar
Gauner
Gauner

First GREAT job. I just started but it says a lot when a small group can make something as big as this and the massive AAA developers plop out garbage after garbage. This is why I love PC gaming.

Anyway

I would really like the ability to wear armor under robes and over normal clothes like how Morrowind did it, if that's possible.
BigElectricCat
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 16 Mal

Don't think so. Or at least not (if remember from MW correctly) how you could have >1 armor/clothing item equipped. Remove your Bonemold armor & have civvies on underneath to move faster in cities, etc.

Hard to explain, but now armor, robes, and the like are a variation of the 'skin' or texture over the 'mesh.' That's why unlike MW, you'll see supposedly immovable metal parts bending as your character kind of sways or breathes in idle animation.

Hope that makes sense. : )
JudgeLazar
Gauner
Gauner

I miss spears and halberds.

Also it would be cool if the clothing worked like morrowind. Necklace, two rings, clothes under and/or over armor to stack enchantments
JudgeLazar
Gauner
Gauner

I know there are mods for robes over armor. Unless there is something in the base code of the game that prevents you from equiping more than a certain number of items it should be possible. I imagine it would just render whatever the top layer is. I'm not concerned about the looks, I just want the enchantment stacking.

I know in Morrowind You could have 2 rings and robes went over any armor, some armor didn't allow clothes underneath. Depending on what you had you could have up to 13 pieces of clothing equipped including rings and necklace. Shirt, pants, helmet, chest plate, right shoulder, left shoulder, right hand, left hand, leg armor, boots, ring, ring, necklace. It really made the time and effort of enchanting worth it. With Skyrim I feel like I'm better off just skipping it and using what I find, because without fail almost everytime I make a high end item I will find something better. Also by the time you get your enchanting that high in the first place you've most likely leveled up enough that you could run around naked and punch everyone to death.
ninjamelody
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

Spears are awesome! I played a Skyrim mod called "Spears by Soolie", not that complete and had some compatibility issues, but it gave me a lot of great strategic and immersion experience! Mechanic-wise, they swing when doing normal attacks and they thrust when doing power attacks, they do about the same damage as swords but their thrusting attacks ignore around 25% armor, speec is faster than other weapon, but slightly lower damage.

Lore-wise, spears are a common weapon at least for the Nordic people since it is cheaper to produce than swords and gives the longer reach advantage.
5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1