[Question&Wishes] DLC question (SPOILERS)

Moderator: Moderatoren

6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
SevyJ
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

I just finished my first play through which left me in a state of awe and sadness and i immediately went to the forums to find answers for some of the questions that i couldn't figure out.

I've seen some things on a DLC but don't understand. Is this a continuation of your character? Is it a sequel to the ending you pick? Is it a prequel? Or completely new story line involving the next cleanse or the rise of humans once more? I'm sure the real answers will remain cryptic but a basic idea of what to expect would be amazing.

Wishes- A happy ending, as i'm a crybaby b***h. Only semi-serious and not expecting one. I notice the game's ending was very similar to mass effect 3's and it broke me in a sense that i couldn't decide if i wanted to be selfish or kill myself and not have the happiness of finishing a game "the right way" with "the correct ending". Leaves me wondering even more what the DLC holds.

10/10, Wouldn't play again(at least until i catch some wind about the DLC) Because i don't like revisiting sad things.
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

If the DLC is going to happen, it will feature several new additions/revisions to the current game, above all many new quests (and two guild-questlines). And, don't quote me on that, an alternative, hidden ending isn't as unlikely as you think it is. :)
SevyJ
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Nicolas Samuel hat geschrieben:
If the DLC is going to happen, it will feature several new additions/revisions to the current game, above all many new quests (and two guild-questlines). And, don't quote me on that, an alternative, hidden ending isn't as unlikely as you think it is. :)

When you say hidden ending, is that pre-potential dlc or an ending that'd potentially be added into the potential dlc? If you're comfortable releasing this information of course.
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

It's something we plan on implementing in the DLC. Stay tuned for more information! :)
Braescher
Schurke
Schurke
Danksagung erhalten: 5 Mal

I completed the game a few hours ago and posted this on the Story discussion section:

http://www.forum.sureai.net/viewtopic.p ... 12&t=11291

But yeah you made a short version of what I felt:
SevyJ hat geschrieben:
Wishes- A happy ending, as i'm a crybaby b***h. Only semi-serious and not expecting one. I notice the game's ending was very similar to mass effect 3's and it broke me in a sense that i couldn't decide if i wanted to be selfish or kill myself and not have the happiness of finishing a game "the right way" with "the correct ending". Leaves me wondering even more what the DLC holds.

10/10, Wouldn't play again(at least until i catch some wind about the DLC) Because i don't like revisiting sad things.
Thank god someone spoiled me the mechanic for the "shepard lives" ending on ME3 and that I did never play the game without the extended cut dlc. I did my best to reach this ending just so I could imagine that Shepard would live happily ever after with Tali after destroying the reapers. Sure, I felt like an asshole for killing EDI and commiting genocide on the geth. I would rather not kill and synthetics and kept my life Bioware.

It is not even a matter of correct ending, but it is about feeling fullfiled. ME3's decision of greyish endings was cruel because we spent 3 games building relationships, making hard choices just to die anyway or live and commit genocide. Enderal's decision was less cruel because the endings brought some sort of closure. But I was not prepared for an ending. I though that I could stop the cleansing and keep playing Enderal's sidequests post endgame like Skyrim. Like I said in my other topic, nothing would have made me happier than destroying the High Ones, marrying Calia and riding Whirlwind the donkey to kill Myths and Legends. Also, the game had so much pain, darkness and sadness that every little moment of hope and victory made you wish for a happy ending. The balance of emotions was amazing. But as I said in the other topic I think that in a dark story a happy ennding is much more powerful than a greyish ending with moral conflict.

And I'm on the same boat as you. I would love to play again, but my heart cannot endure the sadness of the endings all over again. Let wait and see. I really do hope SureAI guys have the time and resources to work on this DLC idea!
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

Old cliché : and they lived happily ever after.

New cliché : and they died happily ever after.
6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1